Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashley Fox article on Cam Newton

70 posts in this topic

Posted

panthers win a lombardi..."sure, but can cam do it again?"

panthers win another...."sure, but can he win 3 in a row?"

cam retires after a HoF career....."sure, he was one of the best ever, but can he be a first ballot guy?"

no matter what he does, some will always have questions and doubts about him. i've accepted it and moved on.

4 people like this

Posted

Nobody could possibly say Brady was in this bad of shape when you combine the line and skill players around him.  

what skill players did he have last year?

Posted

So why all the butt hurt responses when people question Cam's ability to be able to make this group cohesive and productive.   It is a legitimate question which people are asking.  I think he will be fine but honestly it is legitimate for people to ask.  After this season it will be one more issue that Cam has mastered successfully.

Let people talk and speculate while Cam does his thing on the field.  We will all find out soon enough.

And there are other quarterbacks who get just as much grief as Cam.  Just ask Romo how many people question his every move.  How about Alex Smith and all the questions about his ability or lack thereof despite his success the past few years. 

Posted

So why all the butt hurt responses when people question Cam's ability to be able to make this group cohesive and productive. It is a legitimate question which people are asking. I think he will be fine but honestly it is legitimate for people to ask. After this season it will be one more issue that Cam has mastered successfully.

Let people talk and speculate while Cam does his thing on the field. We will all find out soon enough.

And there are other quarterbacks who get just as much grief as Cam. Just ask Romo how many people question his every move. How about Alex Smith and all the questions about his ability or lack thereof despite his success the past few years.

How is simply expecting our FO to field a competitive unit around our quarterback on his side of the football being "butt hurt"?

Posted

I'm going to assume that Cam, who will be working with an almost entirely new receiving corp(Olsen) will be compared to Brady many times this season. 

1 person likes this

Posted

How is simply expecting our FO to field a competitive unit around our quarterback on his side of the football being "butt hurt"?

I was referring to folks who constantly whine and complain about anyone who criticizes Cam or questions his ability.  If that is you then you are one of the folks I was talking about.  If it doesn't apply then ignore it. 

Posted

pretty good article. the next step she mention Cam must take is true. He must be able to take nobody's and make them somebody and lemons into lemonade. Nothing wrong with putting that out there because i personally know he can and will do it.

this injury could be a blessing i disguise. Cam watching more tape  will increase his ability to throw with more anticipation and knowing where his receivers should be at all time, even when scrambling.

nothing wrong with putting these necessary requirements in the open

2 people like this

Posted

Do these people who praise Brady nonstop ever actually watch him during a game? Dude rips heads off all the damn time.

I'd prefer Cam's sad towel to Brady's shouting matches anyday.

I do like seeing no one high five Tom Brady

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted

Is she hawt?

Posted

lol go to a Dolphins board, you will never see one of their fans attempting to throw Tannehill under the Bus, same with the Bears and Cutler, or the Rams and Bradford, or the Lions with Stafford...

But we have PANTHERS fans talking about how overrated Newton is...

BTW, its worst on the Observer.

You're describing those who follow their QB only and only if they look like them. There are lots of them in carolina(the south). Don't worry about that. Every day is a stressful day for them. Let them drown in their pain. It must be weird rooting for only the throw on every play. Run plays must bring them a lot of sadness. Secondaries must give them nightmares. You get the gist.

Posted

For a column, I thought it was pretty vanilla.

Posted

lol go to a Dolphins board, you will never see one of their fans attempting to throw Tannehill under the Bus, same with the Bears and Cutler, or the Rams and Bradford, or the Lions with Stafford...

But we have PANTHERS fans talking about how overrated Newton is...

BTW, its worst on the Observer.

Two words, Donald Sterling. Not all panthers fan like the type of QB they have. They can all eat poo and get use to the new norm. Like Charles Barkley eloquently uttered about the NBA(which also applied to the NFL), "this is a black league". Unfortunately the NFL doesn't have people as ballsy and with the cache as Barkley to remind people of that once in a while. They haven't figured that 'great' QB of theirs will most likely be throwing or handing off that ball to someone who belongs in a race that they hate. The NFL and NBA are a tough pill to swallow for a lot of people and they're all welcome to follow another sport.

3 people like this