Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ashley Fox article on Cam Newton

70 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Maybe Ashley Fox is just writing an article explaining her on view on why Cam should he reaching out to a future HOFer like most young QB's do when they are trying to take their game to the next level.

Posted · Report post

I guess cause the writter wasn't sucking cam off, is the reason that many are in here complaining about a well written piece.

Posted · Report post

lol go to a Dolphins board, you will never see one of their fans attempting to throw Tannehill under the Bus, same with the Bears and Cutler, or the Rams and Bradford, or the Lions with Stafford...

Know how I can tell you've never been to those boards? :lol:

Bradofrd, Tannehill and Stafford have all been bashed by fans on their own forums (go look; it's not hard to find) but the most ridiculous of those suggestions is that Bear fans never criticize Cutler.  A pretty solid portion of them wanted to keep Josh McCown as the starter last year and this year and were pissed when they didn't.

Every fanbase has people that don't like the QB, including the best of them.  Heck, even Peyton Manning has people ready to dump him for the next guy up after last year's Super Bowl.  This is why you have the old saying "the backup quarterback is always the most popular guy on the team".

It is true that some fanbases have more quarterback critics than others, but I don't see the Panthers having a higher percentage among the bunch, and definitely not the highest.  If you believe that, go to a Cowboy board and start a talk about Tony Romo or look back at prior Jag fan discussions about Blaine Gabbert. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

ESPN never goes out looking for a story. They have editors that hand them a "Mad Libs" book and they fill in the blanks.

Posted · Report post

I guess cause the writter wasn't sucking cam off, is the reason that many are in here complaining about a well written piece.

I see your point, but at this point he deserves nothing less. People, even his own goddamn fan base, have questioned him over and over and over and over again and all he has EVER done, is prove them wrong. It's long over due for the media to STOP writing articles on "if" Cam can or can't do something and it's time they start giving him the f'ing benefit of the doubt like they do EVERY other young QB.

Posted · Report post

I don't think everyone expects the writers to "suck Cam off" as you put it but this is the same article that is written about Cam before every season and each season he has excelled at what he's been asked to do here. The guy has had very limited talent around him on offense around him since he's been here. It's pretty common to see the same rehashed articles putting all the responsibility on Cam. Many times it seems like all there doing is casting doubt on his abilities so the "I told you so" crowd can chime in at every possible opportunity.

Posted · Report post

what skill players did he have last year?

it's not said and done, we still have the draft so i can fairly retract my statement, but:

2013 Pats O-line > Current Panthers Oline as of 4-29-14

Gronk > Olsen

Vereen/Blount > William/Stewart

Amendola/Edelman/Dobson/Thompkins > Cotchery/Avery/Underwood  although not by much

again, we still have the draft so this can change, i am acknowledging that.  i also acknowledge Brady makes these guys better than they would be with a lesser QB.

Posted · Report post

it's not said and done, we still have the draft so i can fairly retract my statement, but:

2013 Pats O-line > Current Panthers Oline as of 4-29-14

Gronk > Olsen

Vereen/Blount > William/Stewart

Amendola/Edelman/Dobson/Thompkins > Cotchery/Avery/Underwood  although not by much

again, we still have the draft so this can change, i am acknowledging that.  i also acknowledge Brady makes these guys better than they would be with a lesser QB.

Blount is a Steeler now. 

Amendola is hard to judge because he's hurt a lot.

Edelman strikes me as a guy who'd be very ordinary if he were on any other team.

Posted · Report post

Blount is a Steeler now. 

Amendola is hard to judge because he's hurt a lot.

Edelman strikes me as a guy who'd be very ordinary if he were on any other team.

he asked who brady had last year.

Posted · Report post

he asked who brady had last year.

I saw.  Just adding details.

Posted · Report post

Ashley Fox isn't a great writer. I mean I remember a few years ago before the divisionals she basically overlooked the Ravens saying they had no chance against Denver. The Ravens won the Super Bowl that year.

Posted · Report post

Of course we have the "y'all cam nuthuggers" posse chiming in

If you don't think Cam is a great talent or has proven himself less than he gets credit for, by all means go ahead and fantasize about Matt Moore playing QB for the panthers again.
1 person likes this