Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP CHARLOTTE BOBCATS

54 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think one thing people forgot about this whole "rebrand" thing was that the name wasn't changed to appease fans and sell more tickets. It wasn't done in the name of nostalgia. I honestly think that the team has been such a disaster since it's arrival Jordan had to change the name. He needed a fresh start. The team has been a joke for 70% of the time it's been in the NBA. Not to mention the negative association with the former owner. 

Oh well, it's been real Bobcats. Cheers to a fresh new start. Really excited about the future of this team. 

80 percent.

I think it's all of the above.  Though the Bobcats won't be remember fondly in terms of on court success.  They always played hard, and they went out an improved ball club.

Posted · Report post

we hardly knew ye..

Posted · Report post

They need to drop the whole "DJ" and "hype man" schtick next season. It's embarrassing.

Posted · Report post

Not at all. I'm a Charlotte homer. I've been to quite a few Bobcat games, bought gear, the whole nine, but what David Stern did to us was wrong. I've never hated on this team. I just strongly supported the NBA doing the right thing.

That's good. And I wasn't trying to accuse you of it either. But it was definitely frustrating. But I will find it funny when a bunch of those DB's are wearing "retro" Bobcats gear in a few years.

Posted · Report post

Why haven't they changed their twitter page yet?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Worst name. Worst colors. Worst Jerseys. Worst team in general. I remember cringing when the Bobcats were introduced in 2003/2004. Thank the lord that this joke of a team is gone. No offense to Al Jefferson or any of the current players, but there should be no mention, pictures, or banners of the Bobcats in the TWC arena come next year. As far as I'm concerned, they never existed.

Posted · Report post

Bobcats worst franchise in NBA history?

Posted · Report post

They've got my vote. I really cannot think of anyone worse. The Timberwolves kinda suck, but they at least had KG and now Kevin Love.

Posted · Report post

Welcome back, Hornets.

l8tDOMw.jpg

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

The Bobcats may have been the worst franchise in all of sports to ever exist.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yup, good riddance Bobcats and good riddance Bob Johnson. 

This season worked out well though and they are going to have a ton of momentum going into next season. Especially if they can add some nice pieces in FA and the draft. 

Posted · Report post

Vancouver Grizzlers