53 replies to this topic

#16 Chuckie

Chuckie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:23 PM

Never gave to shits about the Bobcats and thought Rufus was a Some kind of mangy dog/cat that just needed to be taken out back and shot. I have no love loss with the extinction of this team symbol. It's funny how I never gave two shits about this team until the Hornets were officially coming back.

I only started getting behind the team once I bought season tickets for the Hornets and actually like the players on the team. I grew up in love with the Hornets. Didn't give two shits about the Bulls. Yes, MJ was awesome and all that but they didn't hold anything to my Hornets. I don't care how many more championships they won. My first pair of athlete endorsed shoes were Larry Johnson's. Feels like finally something that was taken from me has been brought back and I can rekindle my love for it and at the same time relive some happy times from my childhood. of course I have a new pair of Larry Johnson's just waiting for next season.

The Hornets are back!!!! A smile is brought to my face just saying those words!!!

Hopefully Rufus gets hit by a car while leaving the stadium. Would be the perfect ending to that bastard of misery!!!

#17 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,162 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:26 PM

Rest in Peace?

More like burn in basketball hell.

Haha. 

I am being 110% honest here: I can without a shadow of ANY doubt say that I was never a real bobcats fan. They didn't do it for me and they NEVER became an extension of me. I think in the 10 years they were here, I had one bobcats shirt that I only got it because my ex gf's dad bought it for me in 2005. 

I think...eh I know the way the Hornets were taken from me had something to do with my resentment of the bobcats. It subsided after the years, and I can say that I did support them for the most part, I did enjoy going to the games, but they were NEVER my team. They were the home team in my home town so I supported them but I didn't feel the same way after a W/L like I feel after a Panthers or UNC win/loss. Not to mention the complete joke the team generally was, from awful draft picks to 7 win seasons, made it frustrating and very discouraging to invest time, money, and mental energy in them.

It also got under my skin a little bit when people I'm friends with now that aren't originally from Charlotte (mostly from NY and the NE) never understood what the Hornets meant to people from Charlotte. I've always told them that the name was a big deal to people from here. They can't comprehend it and that's fine.  

#18 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

I was at the very first Hornets' game and I was at the very last Hornets' game in Charlotte.  Inbetween, there were nights where I could not communicate with the guy next to me inside the Hive because the noise was so deafening.  It was like the NBA version of Cameron Indoor or the old Charmichael I would guess.

I attended multiple games over the last ten years (none in the last 3) and literally sat with my feet on the hardwood at the Cablebox and it was an absolute snooze-fest.  The whole persona only made me feel sadly nostalgic about yester-year.

I have watched more games this year on TV than I ever have before and I will be there opening night to cheer on my team.  My hometown team.  My favorite NBA team.

Bobcats...it was a good year and I thank you for it, but good riddance.

Bring on the Buzz.

#19 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,162 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

It was like the NBA version of Cameron Indoor 

You mean there were 4 thousand Asians yelling obscenities at the other team? 

#20 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

You mean there were 4 thousand Asians yelling obscenities at the other team? 

Actually, yes.

Yes there were.

And 20,000 others of different race/color and creed yelling with them 365 games in a row.

#21 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,162 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

Actually, yes.

Yes there were.

And 20,000 others of different race/color and creed yelling with them 365 games in a row.

Glad you're excited about the Hornets coming home (as am I) but comparing a once state of the art, professional basketball cathedral to a glorified high school gym with no working AC is a little less than flattering. 

You are right though about the energy at TWC regarding the bobcats. I go to about 4 games a year and we usually sit where ever we want and it's pretty tame. That bobcats dj schtick has got to go. 

#22 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Glad you're excited about the Hornets coming home (as am I) but comparing a once state of the art, professional basketball cathedral to a glorified high school gym with no working AC is a little less than flattering. 

You are right though about the energy at TWC regarding the bobcats. I go to about 4 games a year and we usually sit where ever we want and it's pretty tame. That bobcats dj schtick has got to go. 

I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me.

#23 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,888 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

I'll miss them. but not really.

#24 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,558 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me.

To my shame, I actually get that reference :(

#25 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

I mean no offense, but the old Colliseum was as generic as every other modern building at that time. 

Made of brick and big. 

The only difference between it and all other NBA buildings I have gone to was the 6 lanes in 2 lanes out pre-game and 6 lanes out 2 lanes in post-game.  Other than that, it was us that made the differnce. 

That, and the permanent hearing loss quality of those in attendance.

We are on the same side of a confusing debate.

You can win if you se fit.  GO HORNETS!!

#26 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,300 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:31 PM

I might actually watch an NBA game now for the first time since the Hornets left.

#27 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

To my shame, I actually get that reference :(

There is no shame, only commonality.

#28 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

The Bobcats have been my team since the day they were created but now I feel like MY team MY hornets are back.. I can't explain it.. Maybe you guys understand.

Saw your tweet on tv bro!

The Buzz is Back!

#29 TheMostInterestingMan

TheMostInterestingMan

Stay Thirsty My Friends

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:43 PM

Can't wait for us to ruin the Hornets legacy as well! Woo hoo

Gtf out of our forum. Seriously, why are you here? Shut up or go away. Two years ago we were the worst team in the league. Now we are in the playoffs and with one or two good signings we can win some playoff games.

You are a weak sauce fan and your posts are just nonsensical eyesores. Go away.

#30 FourthWard

FourthWard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationEl Wardo Quatro

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

Never gave to shits about the Bobcats and thought Rufus was a Some kind of mangy dog/cat that just needed to be taken out back and shot. I have no love loss with the extinction of this team symbol. It's funny how I never gave two shits about this team until the Hornets were officially coming back.

I only started getting behind the team once I bought season tickets for the Hornets and actually like the players on the team. I grew up in love with the Hornets. Didn't give two shits about the Bulls. Yes, MJ was awesome and all that but they didn't hold anything to my Hornets. I don't care how many more championships they won. My first pair of athlete endorsed shoes were Larry Johnson's. Feels like finally something that was taken from me has been brought back and I can rekindle my love for it and at the same time relive some happy times from my childhood. of course I have a new pair of Larry Johnson's just waiting for next season.

The Hornets are back!!!! A smile is brought to my face just saying those words!!!

Hopefully Rufus gets hit by a car while leaving the stadium. Would be the perfect ending to that bastard of misery!!!

poochie-o.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users