• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 JccOldTime23

JccOldTime23

• ALL-PRO
  • 209 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:48 AM

I was 7 when Zo hit the defining shot in Charlotte's NBA history. When they moved to New Orleans I remained a Hornets fan but it wasn't anywhere close to the same. When Tom Benson bought the team that was the final straw for me. For 2 seasons I've been kind of in limbo team wise. But now my team is back! It's difficult to describe how I feel right now but I am pumped! Go Hornets!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#32 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,043 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

Saw your tweet on tv bro!

The Buzz is Back!

They put my tweet on tv? I missed it lol.

#33 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

Thanks for the memories!?! Dunno here. Having been in the " Bring Back the Buzz" crew here on the forum debating back and forth about WHY we needed our identity back for the last couple years I'm walking on Air. I even got into it on "bustin loose" over this whole thing one time, pretty heated that day, (lol Frank Garcia).

It's all done now. Captain Morgan and the rest of us can lay down our swords. It was never about all the "wins" for us real Hornet fans. It was about OUR team. OUR team is back.

GO HORNETS!!!!

#34 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

Thanks for the memories!?! Dunno here. Having been in the " Bring Back the Buzz" crew here on the forum debating back and forth about WHY we needed our identity back for the last couple years I'm walking on Air. I even got into it on "bustin loose" over this whole thing one time, pretty heated that day, (lol Frank Garcia).

It's all done now. Captain Morgan and the rest of us can lay down our swords. It was never about all the "wins" for us real Hornet fans. It was about OUR team. OUR team is back.

GO HORNETS!!!!

I hope you weren't one of the MANY douchebags in the BBTB crowd that completely hated on the team and anyone who cheered for the Cats. That whole BBTB thing really made me sour on the Hornets name. I've embraced it since but that was ridiculous how many Hornets fans talked crap about the players on the team (and will be on the Hornets team) and the fans that supported them.

#35 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,198 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

so it is written: on the third day, the dead bobcat shall rise from the ashes on insect wing

#36 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

I hope you weren't one of the MANY douchebags in the BBTB crowd that completely hated on the team and anyone who cheered for the Cats. That whole BBTB thing really made me sour on the Hornets name. I've embraced it since but that was ridiculous how many Hornets fans talked crap about the players on the team (and will be on the Hornets team) and the fans that supported them.

Not at all. I'm a Charlotte homer. I've been to quite a few Bobcat games, bought gear, the whole nine, but what David Stern did to us was wrong. I've never hated on this team. I just strongly supported the NBA doing the right thing.

#37 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,040 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:34 AM

I think one thing people forgot about this whole "rebrand" thing was that the name wasn't changed to appease fans and sell more tickets. It wasn't done in the name of nostalgia. I honestly think that the team has been such a disaster since it's arrival Jordan had to change the name. He needed a fresh start. The team has been a joke for 70% of the time it's been in the NBA. Not to mention the negative association with the former owner. 

Oh well, it's been real Bobcats. Cheers to a fresh new start. Really excited about the future of this team. 

80 percent.

I think it's all of the above.  Though the Bobcats won't be remember fondly in terms of on court success.  They always played hard, and they went out an improved ball club.

#38 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,629 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

we hardly knew ye..

#39 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

They need to drop the whole "DJ" and "hype man" schtick next season. It's embarrassing.

#40 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

Not at all. I'm a Charlotte homer. I've been to quite a few Bobcat games, bought gear, the whole nine, but what David Stern did to us was wrong. I've never hated on this team. I just strongly supported the NBA doing the right thing.

That's good. And I wasn't trying to accuse you of it either. But it was definitely frustrating. But I will find it funny when a bunch of those DB's are wearing "retro" Bobcats gear in a few years.

#41 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:22 PM

Why haven't they changed their twitter page yet?

#42 All about the Benjamin

All about the Benjamin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, NC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Worst name. Worst colors. Worst Jerseys. Worst team in general. I remember cringing when the Bobcats were introduced in 2003/2004. Thank the lord that this joke of a team is gone. No offense to Al Jefferson or any of the current players, but there should be no mention, pictures, or banners of the Bobcats in the TWC arena come next year. As far as I'm concerned, they never existed.

#43 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

Bobcats worst franchise in NBA history?

#44 All about the Benjamin

All about the Benjamin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill, NC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

Bobcats worst franchise in NBA history?

They've got my vote. I really cannot think of anyone worse. The Timberwolves kinda suck, but they at least had KG and now Kevin Love.

#45 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,099 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

Welcome back, Hornets.

l8tDOMw.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users