Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chip Kelly: Cutting DeSean a 'football decision'

40 posts in this topic

Posted

or is just as good as gettleman?

pretty remarkable turnaround though the nfc east wasnt exactly a tough division

Posted

i dont know why you just can say jackson was a lil poo and thats why i cut him. yea i know that they would never say that but i would make for great tv.

So would the press conference announcing his dismissal.

Even if it were true, a head coach coming out and saying "I let my personal feelings about a player affect a roster decision" would be equivalent to saying "Dear Team Owner, Please fire me now!"

Posted

I know I'm going to probably get some flak for this, but outside of the gang ties allegation, let's really be honest with ourselves:

Both on and off the field, Desean Jackson is more like Steve then we care to admit.

Posted

this quote seems fitting...

Who cares...?

1 person likes this

Posted

He wanted D-Jax gone because as the way he saw it, Jackson's personality did not mesh with his vision for the team.  It's that simple.  

All the other gang ties and bad teammate b.s. was just that: b.s.  

I prefer honesty to bullshit. Sure people may feel some type of way about it, but it beats giving side stories and lies wings.

1 person likes this

Posted

Football reasons? I mean all the 1,332yds and 9TD reasons? Give us a break Chip! Hopefully we show him some good stuff this year when we play them.

Posted

this quote seems fitting...

Yep besides the fact that that ship has sailed this is what they always say.

Posted

Football decision doesn't just mean his play on the field. Could also be a financial decision, as he was being paid 10+ mil this season.

He was probably asked a question which led to this quote. A "football decision" could very well mean, "fug you, I'm tired of being asked this question, so here is a generic answer". Everything about the NFL is about football.

Drama queens always assume drama sheesh

1 person likes this

Posted

Just another quote taken care out of context. No better than the out of context, single quote, bible textbookers