38 replies to this topic

#16 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:33 PM

LJ's call for an all black league is no less racist than Sterling. Sterling should be forced to sell the Clippers. There is no room in a league primarily made up of black players for an owner like that. But an all black league would also be racist.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Actually its not racist at all by racism's definition.  Racism is believing your race superior to other races.  Sterling has demonstrated by restricting resources and past comments that he believes blacks are less than whites on all levels.  So I have to disagree with you my friend. There is also already an ALL WHITE league in Texas and the media is not in an uproar about that.  People need to understand that separatism and racism are not the same by definition.  America was founded on racism and built on that foundation and Sterling is a product of these same beliefs.  There are zero black/brown formed hate groups in this country while there are multiple white hate groups in this country and its due to Americas history.  You need to understand what RACISM means before you go around throwing it up because it sounds good for your arguement. 

#17 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,127 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 May 2014 - 07:21 AM

Actually its not racist at all by racism's definition. Racism is believing your race superior to other races. Sterling has demonstrated by restricting resources and past comments that he believes blacks are less than whites on all levels. So I have to disagree with you my friend. There is also already an ALL WHITE league in Texas and the media is not in an uproar about that. People need to understand that separatism and racism are not the same by definition. America was founded on racism and built on that foundation and Sterling is a product of these same beliefs. There are zero black/brown formed hate groups in this country while there are multiple white hate groups in this country and its due to Americas history. You need to understand what RACISM means before you go around throwing it up because it sounds good for your arguement.

Can you post some info on this all white league you're referring to?

#18 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

The NBA set the bar with Sterling. Johnson should be banned from the NBA for life.

Sent from my DROID4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#19 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 09:42 AM

.....and how is Sterling racist when he dates and hires blacks? Some people need to grow some thick skin and realize everyone these days are equal. I love all races, but it's almost becoming stupid these days how big the double standard is getting.

#20 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

.....and how is Sterling racist when he dates and hires blacks? Some people need to grow some thick skin and realize everyone these days are equal. I love all races, but it's almost becoming stupid these days how big the double standard is getting.

everyone isn't equal

#21 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

.....and how is Sterling racist when he dates and hires blacks? Some people need to grow some thick skin and realize everyone these days are equal.

lol

#22 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

Who's not equal? Speaking of strictly united states. I have several black friends that admit some are living in the past way too much. We grew up together, graduated together, and now I work with a few of the guys. Im confused as to where whites or anyone is the superior these days. Please tell me what im missing.

#23 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 03 May 2014 - 03:38 PM

Things are absolutely not equal for everyone. Sorry, but you are living in a fantasy world if you believe that.

#24 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

I guess im living in a fantasy world then.

#25 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:01 PM

Can you post some info on this all white league you're referring to?

http://www.huffingto...e_n_433275.html

#26 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:05 PM

Who's not equal? Speaking of strictly united states. I have several black friends that admit some are living in the past way too much. We grew up together, graduated together, and now I work with a few of the guys. Im confused as to where whites or anyone is the superior these days. Please tell me what im missing.

This does not mean you understand....

#27 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:38 PM

LJ is getting too old

#28 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,127 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:27 AM

This league never got off the ground - it never happened. In 2010 when it was "announced" it got TONS of negative press, including attention from the NAACP. And if you're using it to support your position that an all black league isn't racist then you shouldn't post a link that quotes Barkley claiming that an all white league IS racist. 

#29 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

This league never got off the ground - it never happened. In 2010 when it was "announced" it got TONS of negative press, including attention from the NAACP. And if you're using it to support your position that an all black league isn't racist then you shouldn't post a link that quotes Barkley claiming that an all white league IS racist. 

Never said an all white league was racist, never said I agreed with Charles on anything.  By the definition of racism neither idea is racist unless the the ideals behind it stats that they are starting a league because one race is better than another race. What LJ said and Sterling said were extreme to hear period.  The intentions were different and we all can agree on that.  LJ knows how these owners and the league really feels about its laborers and he had an emotional response.  He was acting out of response to the words donald sterling offered when he was expressing how he felt about LJs race.  LJ was offended and acted accordingly. Many fans may root for their favorite player but probably wouldn't allow a person of that race to date their daughter. I understand that and thats Americas history...big on money and poor on race relations.... 

#30 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,127 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:27 AM

Never said an all white league was racist, never said I agreed with Charles on anything.  By the definition of racism neither idea is racist unless the the ideals behind it stats that they are starting a league because one race is better than another race. What LJ said and Sterling said were extreme to hear period.  The intentions were different and we all can agree on that.  LJ knows how these owners and the league really feels about its laborers and he had an emotional response.  He was acting out of response to the words donald sterling offered when he was expressing how he felt about LJs race.  LJ was offended and acted accordingly. Many fans may root for their favorite player but probably wouldn't allow a person of that race to date their daughter. I understand that and thats Americas history...big on money and poor on race relations.... 

You're only using one definition of racism to support your argument - there are more than one definitions. Discriminating against someone because of their race (for example: saying someone can't play in a league because of their skin color) is racism. Racism doesn't always have to be about one race showing superiority over another. It doesn't matter what caused LJ's response or what his intentions were, there is never a "right" or "excusable" time to make racist comments. You don't conquer racism with racist remarks.  Both were wrong.

And by the way....an all white basketball league is not only racist, it's one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. That guy out to be smacked on the face for even coming up with the idea. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users