38 replies to this topic

#31 KaseKlosed

KaseKlosed

@CMackMost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

You're only using one definition of racism to support your argument - there are more than one definitions. Discriminating against someone because of their race (for example: saying someone can't play in a league because of their skin color) is racism. Racism doesn't always have to be about one race showing superiority over another. It doesn't matter what caused LJ's response or what his intentions were, there is never a "right" or "excusable" time to make racist comments. You don't conquer racism with racist remarks.  Both were wrong.

And by the way....an all white basketball league is not only racist, it's one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. That guy out to be smacked on the face for even coming up with the idea. 

I hear you loud and clear brother and I agree. 

#32 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:29 PM

You're only using one definition of racism to support your argument - there are more than one definitions. Discriminating against someone because of their race (for example: saying someone can't play in a league because of their skin color) is racism. Racism doesn't always have to be about one race showing superiority over another. It doesn't matter what caused LJ's response or what his intentions were, there is never a "right" or "excusable" time to make racist comments. You don't conquer racism with racist remarks. Both were wrong.

And by the way....an all white basketball league is not only racist, it's one of the dumbest things I have ever heard of. That guy out to be smacked on the face for even coming up with the idea.

At this moment we have a separate league for men and women. By your definition that is sexist.

We're not talking about someone's remarks, but something that is actually going on in reality. I'd say you should be focusing your efforts on fixing that.

But you don't care because it's not really sexist and remarking about an all black league isn't racist. I've said before that LJ thinks that this will solve racism within the league(it won't). His intent was not racist.

#33 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,108 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

At this moment we have a separate league for men and women. By your definition that is sexist.

We're not talking about someone's remarks, but something that is actually going on in reality. I'd say you should be focusing your efforts on fixing that.

But you don't care because it's not really sexist and remarking about an all black league isn't racist. I've said before that LJ thinks that this will solve racism within the league(it won't). His intent was not racist.

Sorry but you're wrong. The NBA doesn't have a rule saying women are not allowed to play in the league. Remember when Cuban was talking about drafting Griner? The WNBA exists because it's pretty common knowledge that pro women cannot physically compete with men. If the NBA had a rule saying "no women", then yes, that would absolutely be sexist.  Just like LJ's comments, regardless of his intentions, were racist.  

#34 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:04 PM

it's not sexist that men cannot play in the WNBA?

#35 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,108 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:27 PM

You're trying really hard to make a point here, aren't you? 

#36 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:57 PM

That's okay bro no need to answer tough questions.

#37 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,108 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:07 PM

That's okay bro no need to answer tough questions.

Yeah man...that was a tough one. You got me there. Way to prove a point.

Equating men not playing in the WNBA to starting a league allowing only one race is a perfect parallel.

#38 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

Obviously your cognitive dissonance is giving you fits right about now but in about 24 hours that will sink in.

#39 JJman

JJman

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,232 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:42 PM

I didn't read the other posts in this thread, but I found this funny. A pie for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users