Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coach: Protecting Cam top priority

51 posts in this topic

Posted

apparently Newton thinks Antoine Cason is a WR and was an Eagle last year...

How in gods name do you confuse Avant with Cason

Posted

How in gods name do you confuse Avant with Cason

When you write NFL articles from a NASCAR pit stall you confuse Avant and Cason.

3 people like this

Posted

Not to mention our failure to get in for a couple TD's against SF that arguably cost us the game.

I wonder how much of an influence that has on their thinking. Wouldn't be shocked to see a couple of road graders drafted like Cyrus, Moses, Gabe Jackson or Yankey.

1 person likes this

Posted

Running back can make the run game better, QB and/or WR can make passing game better.

A good o-line makes everything better

Exactly.  Fixing the O-line helps both running and passing games.  I believe if our running game was better last year, we would feel entirely different about our WR situation.   However a bad O-line made our passing game look worse.  If Cam wasn't such a talent we would be having a top 5 pick this year.

Posted

WR's that can separate also offer protection

Exactly because then cam doesn't have to stay in the pocket longer looking for a wr to get open which happened plenty of times last season. 

1 person likes this

Posted

This is what I like to hear

Posted

True to a degree, but not when ball control is your philosophy and the running game is  the foundation for your offense with a dual threat QB.

Posted

Well when he says protecting him rather than getting weapons is more important I'm pretty sure he's talking about olineman