Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coach: Protecting Cam top priority

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Oline or Wr in the 1st doesn't matter to me as long as we dedicate this draft to the offense.

Posted · Report post

So we are going OL in the first!

Posted · Report post

Fix the OL this year the WR position next year. With time bad receivers flourish.

I'm sorry but you must not have any draft knowledge because your statement is very ignorant. If anything this year we fix WR and fix OL next year. Your talking 5 blue chip OL this year compared to 20 to 30 blue chip WRs.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry but you must not have any draft knowledge because your statement is very ignorant. If anything this year we fix WR and fix OL next year. Your talking 5 blue chip OL this year compared to 20 to 30 blue chip WRs.

Couldn't agree more and the 5 OL will be off the board before we pick. And then we would be in dangerous when you reach you get screwed range in gettlman terms.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If this is true, under those conditions wouldn't it make more sense to take the OL early (i.e. less of a dropoff waiting on receivers)?

Posted · Report post

Oline or Wr in the 1st doesn't matter to me as long as we dedicate this draft to the offense.

best hope offense is bpa then. Lol

Posted · Report post

It better be.

Posted · Report post

This does not mean T is the #1 pick, but I am happy they said it.

Posted · Report post

(1) Marqise Lee, WR, Southern California

(2) Joel Bitonio, OT, Nevada

(3) Marcus Roberson, CB, Florida

(4) Jack Mewhort, OT, Ohio State

(5) Chris Watt, OG, Notre Dame

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

best hope offense is bpa then. Lol

With all the talent at needed position I don't see why it shouldn't be.

Posted · Report post

This is just the egg or the chicken debate. As long as they fix one of the position.

Posted · Report post

Just because RR made this statement, it doesn't mean that an OL will be drafted first, or as top priority (over others) by the Panthers. 

This sounds more like a team/coaching desire (and answer to a question of course), which makes perfect sense, regardless of how they draft. 

Plus, both good receivers and lineman, can protect Cam in the extended definition.