50 replies to this topic

#16 Haplo E

Haplo E

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Fix the OL this year the WR position next year. With time bad receivers flourish.

#17 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

you want me to believe you want cam is needs more weapons, do something.

You want me to believe you passed English class? Reword this ;)

#18 thomas96

thomas96

DIZZY

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,332 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

Exactly.  Fixing the O-line helps both running and passing games.  I believe if our running game was better last year, we would feel entirely different about our WR situation.   However a bad O-line made our passing game look worse.  If Cam wasn't such a talent we would be having a top 5 pick this year.

No. Our defense was so good we definitely would've won at least 7 even if we had some shitty QB like Eli or Flacco.

#19 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,345 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 29 April 2014 - 07:14 PM

With time bad receivers flourish.

Don't agree with this statement. I have never ever seen a bad receiver flourish. They pretty much just stay bad.

I will give you this: the OL is probably our number one priority.  That being said, i still expect for us to pick the BPA.

Moreover, I also think that we will address the receiver position this year, just not necessarily in the first round (or possibly even the second round).  With the draft being deep, as G-man also believes, I think that the plan is to address WR this year.  Of course it may be more of a gamble waiting later, but we'll see how it all pans out come September. 

#20 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,655 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

The Panthers have no choice but to propagate this philosophy. It's sheer player preservation with Cam in the pocket trying to find a WR.... any WR.....

#21 updownsigma

updownsigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationDurham

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

WR's that can separate also offer protection

Kinda the opposite of this

cam_sack.jpg

#22 Haplo E

Haplo E

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

Don't agree with this statement. I have never ever seen a bad receiver flourish. They pretty much just stay bad.

I will give you this: the OL is probably our number one priority.  That being said, i still expect for us to pick the BPA.

Moreover, I also think that we will address the receiver position this year, just not necessarily in the first round (or possibly even the second round).  With the draft being deep, as G-man also believes, I think that the plan is to address WR this year.  Of course it may be more of a gamble waiting later, but we'll see how it all pans out come September. 

Flourish in their own way. lol

#23 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:41 PM

OL all the way for me

#24 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,514 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

Gotta have both

Doesn't matter how good the oline is if the wr's can't get separation. Still leads to a broken play or a sack.

If the oline isn't good enough then the Wr's don't always have time to get open.

However with better wr's if Cam roles out the Wr's will likely be open.

Then again improved OL play can also improve the run game.

#25 WOW!!

WOW!!

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,146 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:00 PM

Oline or Wr in the 1st doesn't matter to me as long as we dedicate this draft to the offense.

#26 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,047 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

So we are going OL in the first!

#27 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,813 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

Fix the OL this year the WR position next year. With time bad receivers flourish.

I'm sorry but you must not have any draft knowledge because your statement is very ignorant. If anything this year we fix WR and fix OL next year. Your talking 5 blue chip OL this year compared to 20 to 30 blue chip WRs.

#28 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:06 PM

I'm sorry but you must not have any draft knowledge because your statement is very ignorant. If anything this year we fix WR and fix OL next year. Your talking 5 blue chip OL this year compared to 20 to 30 blue chip WRs.

Couldn't agree more and the 5 OL will be off the board before we pick. And then we would be in dangerous when you reach you get screwed range in gettlman terms.

#29 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:48 PM

If this is true, under those conditions wouldn't it make more sense to take the OL early (i.e. less of a dropoff waiting on receivers)?

#30 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,653 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:51 PM

Oline or Wr in the 1st doesn't matter to me as long as we dedicate this draft to the offense.

best hope offense is bpa then. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com