Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:53 AM

Attached File  CallMeUgly.png   646.55KB   56 downloads

Convince me who's best among these three possible offensive line options at #28..

#2 Thal

Thal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:05 AM

Take Cyrus, we just need him to give us a good 5 years. That's 5 drafts where we'll get a chance to replace him before his knee collapse.

#3 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:08 AM

Best= The one that Gettleman picks :)

#4 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,908 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:09 AM

Best= The one that Gettleman picks :)

That's quite the limb you're out there on, Gabe :lol:

#5 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,833 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:13 AM

I like all of them. Bitonio is versatile. Can play inside and could try to play Tackle. Unfortunately his size is not what you want in a left tackle, or right tackle for that matter. He's till a formidable linemen.

Cyrus is just a mountain of a man, long arms, power. According to doctors his knee is fine but it won't be after several years. It will wear down so his life shelf is going to be very minimal. You're looking at 5-6 years before he's starting to see some serious damage.

Moses, is rough, but he's a specimen. He's probably the project of the three. Long arms as well, but lacks the feet.

I'd say to forgo all of them and take Ja'wuan James instead. The guy has everything, he's played Right Tackle most of his career but he has Left Tackle written all over him. 

#6 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:33 AM

Bitonio is the most tenacious, Cyrus has the most natural talent, Moses has the lowest bust probability. I love Moses in the 2nd but not at 28. But out of the three I would probably be most excited about Cyrus at 28 if he is ok healthwise. He is the youngest and has raw power and quick feet. But he is a project.

#7 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,490 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:39 AM

In the first?  Only Cyrus is a first round talent in my opinion, and only if the knee is completely cleared.  Moses in the 2nd would be fine.  Bitonio in the 3rd would be fine, but I could live with him in the 2nd.  Definitely not the 1st.

#8 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Member from WAAAYY Back

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,358 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:07 AM

I think the question I have about Cyrus is this.   The doctor cleared him that his knee was fine.   Is the knee fine and that the problem has gone away or was it injured and now it is better.     IF it is the latter,  I would pass on Cyrus.

From what I know Moses seems to be the one I would take.  Some said slow feet but the only issue I have hear about him is he bends at the waist and gets off balance.   That is coachable.   He is a good pass blocker and that is something I would want as my LT.

Honestly I haven't heard much about Bitonio other than he has a mean streak.

#9 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 9,340 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:24 AM

whoever is available in the 2nd

#10 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:04 AM

Have the Panthers even worked out Cyrus? I read where Rivera personally visited Bitonio but I personally do not see him as a 1st round pick. 

Moses is just OK. I am leaning towards James in the 2nd as being a value pick. Then again we cannot count on James being there so who knows. 

With our glaring hole at OL and lack of cap money I do not see how we can ignore the position .

#11 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:28 AM

Have a look for yourself at these full game cut ups. I personally like Cyrus the best. Try and watch at least 3 games worth of each player to get a sold opinion....(you can see every snap they played in a game in matter of minutes in these videos)

http://draftbreakdow...cyrus-kouandjio

http://draftbreakdow...rs/joel-bitonio

http://draftbreakdow...s/morgan-moses/

#12 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 04:56 AM

The only one I have a strong opinion on is Cyrus -- and it's not a positive one. This is an arthritic knee; do any of you have relatives with arthritis? Did it ever just magically go away or did it get worse with time? My guess is the latter. This knee is not going to get any healthier. He may get cleared for a season, but that's all the doctors can do. I just don't like how the future's looking from a medical standpoint.

#13 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 7,033 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:51 AM

I think they are looking at Bitonio's feet and comparing him to Gross.  I do not want a player with a bad knee who only has 5 years--I want a decade-long anchor.  Just me.

#14 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

All seem to be a reach at 28. Give me Tiny in the 3rd. That will not be a reach and he is likely to drop!

#15 Woodie

Woodie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

The only one I have a strong opinion on is Cyrus -- and it's not a positive one. This is an arthritic knee; do any of you have relatives with arthritis? Did it ever just magically go away or did it get worse with time? My guess is the latter. This knee is not going to get any healthier. He may get cleared for a season, but that's all the doctors can do. I just don't like how the future's looking from a medical standpoint.

We don't know that he has an arthritic knee.  There has never been an official report saying he did, only combine rumors that have not been corroborated.  Heck, he wasn't even called back to Indy for a combine medical re-check like any other player with a significant question about health.   

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com