Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hornets Expected To Target Arron Afflalo and Jameer Nelson (Also News On McBob and Big Al)

70 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Mkg and Affilo at the wings is a pretty good idea.

With Jeff Taylor and CDR coming back we don't need Deng.

Plus Mkg is the most important player to a defensive coach like Clifford.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We need guys that can shoot. I'm very pleased with Big Al but we need guys that can take shots when they double him. I'm really down on Gerald Henderson, some of his boneheaded plays in the playoffs were counterproductive and unnecessary. Patrick Ewing needs to toughen Zeller up. I'm worried about him.

Posted · Report post

Is dumping Hendo an option? I like him, but you can't justify his contract with such inconsistent play. I really think we'd get the same production from CDR, but don't really want either, or Neal, as a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted · Report post

Cleveland always seems to have lottery luck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Tbh I think it's because the handicapped son is always representing Cleveland at the lottery

Posted · Report post

Is dumping Hendo an option? I like him, but you can't justify his contract with such inconsistent play. I really think we'd get the same production from CDR, but don't really want either, or Neal, as a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I don't think hendo is undumppable.  But I do think he is a much, much better defender than CDR. 

Posted · Report post

So if we are picking up Affalo then who are we getting rid of/not resigning?

What about not getting the Detroit pick this year and then using it as trade bait? A top 1 protected pick for next year should have pretty good value this year.

Listened to the interview today and they are expecting MKG to work his but off this summer to develop an outside shot. they are well aware needing to address the backup PG.

Posted · Report post

no, I read it right. You don't give up a first for any of these guys no matter the circumstances.

Posted · Report post

no, I read it right. You don't give up a first for any of these guys no matter the circumstances.

18ppg on 45% and 42% from three...

Afflalo is worth a late first round pick, end of discussion.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I like Afflalo and would be happy to have him. With that being said, I would be happier to use that Detroit pick and pay ~4 million more per year for Gordon Hayward.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Getting a good SG improves the whole team a lot. Kemba especially. At the cost of a late first rounder, why not?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I like Afflalo and would be happy to have him. With that being said, I would be happier to use that Detroit pick and pay ~4 million more per year for Gordon Hayward.

I like Afflalo more then Hayward.

Posted · Report post

I like Afflalo more then Hayward.

Why is that? Not trying to be condescending, seriously wanting your opinion.

I think Hayward gives us a better ballhandler, better passing, and better at creating in isolation situations. Not to mention he has better size and already has experience with Big Al, plus the whole part about him being 24 with room to improve whereas Afflalo is 29 and likely has peaked in his career arch.

Again, I'm a fan of Afflalo. He's a deadeye shooter and that would help this team. I just prefer Hayward over him, even if it means trading more and giving up more money.