Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers director of college scouting Don Gregory believes "capable" starting receivers can be as found as late as the fourth round

114 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We've never had back to back winning seasons because this year is a deep receiver class?

WTF?

No, because we don't know how to build a team. Real good and tearing one apart. You take Cam Newton off the Panthers and our offense is easily the worst in the NFL.

Posted · Report post

Actually the reason we've never had back to back winning seasons is because aceboogie isn't our GM.

Back to Back Super Bowls with the Austin Desperados 

Posted · Report post

Gettleman won't reach.

Can't believe that there is a fear he will.

The only reaching Gettleman will be doing draft weekend is for a sandwich.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

whoa those posters who said BPA must really be wise and impartial draft gurus i mean afterall thats what the GM said man they sound just like him please enlighten us with further insight
do you need big men to win? do you have to run the ball and stop the run? does defense win championships? what other wisdom can you hold above us mortals?

it is what it is.

Posted · Report post

The draft is like beer goggles...after 4 rounds the talent drops off and everyone starts looking good.  Every once in awhile you get lucky.

Posted · Report post

1. When you have to go back 40 years to fill that list, they are pretty much exceptions

2. You can do this for any position

40 years? Numbers are not your friend big guy.

Posted · Report post

OL in round 1 and 2 the with 3rd and 4th get WR depth that can learn system and will be able to learn under our vets on one year deals, I can dig it.

Do you honestly think we're going to start 2 rookies on the Oline? ?

Why draft 2 Olinemen back to back when we tendered and brought back 5 or 6 Olinemen.

Posted · Report post

Half of this place will implode when we take a DB in the first round.

Posted · Report post

I just don't see Moses as being a lot better than the likes of Richardson from Tenessee and Richardson can probably be taken mid 3rd round or so.

I would like to trade back personally so we don't have to reach on a OT and we can get 4 quality picks in the first 3 rounds.

We can get a OT, a CB and probably 2 quality receivers by the end of round 3.

I think a team like Washington would bite on our 28th pick to avoid losing their guy at the top of the second round.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

for some reason s.natch is filtered.

That is funny.  Didn't think of that meaning when I used it...

Posted · Report post

I just don't think Moses at 28 is a reach. If this WR class is 4 rounds deep like he's saying then we have to use the first pick to strengthen our oline.

#protectCam

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I just don't see Moses as being a lot better than the likes of Richardson from Tenessee and Richardson can probably be taken mid 3rd round or so.

Like Kouandjio, Richardson would likely be rated higher if it wasn't for significant injury concerns.  Some people think both of them have bad knees already.