Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yasuhara2241

Kelvin Benjamin

89 posts in this topic

Few quotes about his "work ethic"

Well seeing as this has been the longest draft process ever..not. not to mention wasnt he doing a tv show days before that? Clowney has blown off workouts for the last few months no one bats an eye...

IMHO work ethic comes down to coaching and proper motivation.

My biggest fear is that he would work his way into the dreaded Rivera dog house and never see the field. 

Do not want. There's something about him that screams Bust to me. That's my personal opinion about it though. I wouldn't mind him in the second round. But not in the first for sure.

Agree. It's just a guy feeling I have about this dude. Granted, my gut feelings about dudes have been wrong before, BUT.......

I really want Cooks or OBJ. I think Cooks might be there at 28, but not OBJ.

1 person likes this

IMHO work ethic comes down to coaching and proper motivation.

My biggest fear is that he would work his way into the dreaded Rivera dog house and never see the field.

Work ethic is something that you inherently have in you...not external.

Work ethic is something that you inherently have in you...not external.

Work Ethic is a value, or the belief in moral benefit of work and its ability to enhance our character.

In the absence of work ethic, external motivators are the driving force behind productive behaviors.  Motivational forces like coaches, paychecks, endorsements, etc.

I do not put much value into NFL players "work ethic" as their rewards are often externally motivated.  Give me a coach who can motivate a player and he can succeed in the absence of internal motivation.

Maybe at 60, not before for us

1 person likes this

I'd be pissed if we took him in round 1, and maybe at all before round 3. But of course I was wrong about Alshon Jeffery and Keenan Allen so I dunno. Wideouts are tough to project outside of an AJ Green slam dunk prospect. So... Who knows.

Can someone explain to me how someone can be a bust in the first but be a good pick in the second?

Good reasoning. I sitll believe he will be a bust, I'd rather they pick him in the second where it won't be a bigger waste than in the first. Especially when there are other players that are safer and better picks than him. Hope that makes sense, if it doesn't. Oh well, can't explain it to you any clearer. 

1 person likes this

Good reasoning. I sitll believe he will be a bust, I'd rather they pick him in the second where it won't be a bigger waste than in the first. Especially when there are other players that are safer and better picks than him. Hope that makes sense, if it doesn't. Oh well, can't explain it to you any clearer.

I just have trouble with the concept of saying someone is a bust but still being ok with using a second on them. If they are going to be a bust wouldn't you just not take them and use the 2nd on somebody else?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

1 person likes this