21 replies to this topic

#1 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

The Panthers will struggle to come close to their performance levels last year and in no way shape or form am I blaming the front-office for that. The salary cap bomb that was laid by the previous incumbents went off and ripped the heart out of a team that was incredibly close to winning it all. Did Dave Gettleman want to let Captain Munnerlyn (among others) go? Of course not but his hands were tied and now they need to draft as well as they did last year. They have to address wide receiver, offensive tackle and the entire secondary so the order in which they do is almost irrelevant. Each of those areas is a high priority and they don’t have enough picks to do it all this year.

https://www.profootb...ds-nfc-south-2/

#2 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

11-5 nfcs champs

#3 Jangler

Jangler

that funky feeling to get you through

• HUDDLER
  • 47,812 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

317.jpg

#4 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

Gettleman is gonna have to have a flawless draft to make up for all the defections.

#5 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

Gettleman is gonna have to have a flawless draft to make up for all the defections.

Not really we are a wr and tackle from being a better team top to bottom than last year.

#6 El Chingon

El Chingon

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

And I think he will. I trust in Gettleman.

#7 ViaVeritasVita

ViaVeritasVita

For King and Country

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,192 posts
  • LocationLandrum, SC

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

And I think he will. I trust in Gettleman.

agreed. in Gettleman i trust. i find it interestingly ironic that he used the word "defections" instead of "deficiencies"

#8 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

Honestly if DG can get just a starting OT out of this draft we are a better team. WR and OT and we are talking HFA though the playoffs.

#9 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

11-5 nfcs champs

16-0 super bowl champs

#10 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:37 PM

Don't worry guys. Byron Bell is left handed.

#11 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,321 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:43 PM

We had a lot go our way last year and stayed somewhat healthy. I'm not saying we don't have a chance to be one of the top teams again next year, but it will be harder I imagine. 

#12 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,396 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

We good since the Mighty Byron Bell decided we was worth his elite talent and finally decided to sign his tender.

#13 Rise of The Hive

Rise of The Hive

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,340 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 10:54 PM

Trust in DG!

#14 thomas96

thomas96

DIZZY

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 11:28 PM

You people are crazy. No tackle out of the draft would be better than Gross, and we have not definitely upgraded our secondary. WR currently is a little worse but if we draft a quality #1 it could be equal or better. Regardless though, no matter what, our o-line wont't be as good as last year's.

#15 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,426 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 06 May 2014 - 01:01 AM

This time last year everyone was saying we didn't have enough pieces.  We got Star and Short but our Free Agent pickups were a waste of money. 

The majority of those player we signed contributed greatly to our success.

Gettleman and Rivera added talent that fits our scheme and they did it again this year.

People need to stop looking at these players at what they did with their previous teams.   These players were brought in because they fit what we do.  They were given a tryout, so to speak.  McDermott, Shula, Rivera and G-man decided they will fit.  We just didn't add players to add players.

Furthermore, we have some OL returning from injury.   G-man will have a solid draft and fill the holes we need to put this team as good as any.

Mitchell, Ginn and our other FA adds were nobody's before they came here.   This year we have solid group that IMO are a better FA crop then last year.  Replacing nearly ever one of these positions. 

The absolute insane negativity from this forum could drive anyone crazy.

Gettleman is NOT HURNEY.   He has added a good FA crop to a good team.  he will have a great draft because he is a good evaluator of talent.  Well compete and we will fight once again for the NFC South title.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com