• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:25 PM

In this scenario we trade down with Cleveland who wants to move up to take their QB. At 28 they will have their pick of Bridgewater, Carr and maybe Bortles.  Whoever they want, they go get.  The Panthers receive the Browns picks in the 2nd and 3rd (numbers 35 and 71) for the 28th pick. Now here is my hope for how these picks get used.

2nd Round:  OT Joel Bitonio- He goes later than some think but comes off the board early in round 2. He will play left tackle until he proves he can't.  Even then he would make a tremendous RT or Guard. Low risk, high reward with the big guy.

2nd Round:  WR Jarvis Landry- What?! A WR that ran a 4.7?! Yes indeed. Landry will be our flanker and number 2 receiver for a long time and give us great memories of incredible catches and devastating blocks. He will add an edge to the offense and be a clutch red zone receiver and 3rd down guy that won't go down on first contact. Boldin Jr.

3rd Round:  WR Paul Richardson- Yessir, double down. Here ladies and gents is our speed receiver. He is a little light in the pants (175 pounds) so he could use a season of being a deep threat guy and adding weight before being our future number 1. Rivera said we may not need a number 1 this year, but that doesn't mean he won't draft a guy that will be in the future. Richardson has blazing speed and incredible ball skills. We keep Cam smiling.

3rd Round:  CB EJ Gaines- We finally make a defense pick and I have been pounding the table for this guy for a long time. EJ Gaines is the perfect corner for our system and he is a playmaker. He is fast, aggressive, and a good tackler. 

4th Round:  OLB Telvin Smith- He slips to the 4th because of testing positive for marijuana and being somewhat of a tweener.  Like Richardson, Smith will be a rotational guy that will add more mass before taking on a bigger role. He could be a nice replacement for Davis one day if he commits himself to gaining muscle, keeping his nose clean, and learning from our veterans.

5th Round:  OT Charles Leno- I don't know why this guy doesn't get more love. He was a rock solid LT for Boise State and will add depth to our offensive line.

#2 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 05:26 PM

6th Round:  RB Jerick McKinnon. A do-it-all powerback prospect that will be the BPA at this point. Adds competition for the guys and depth for the future.

7th Round:  DE Larry Webster.  Prototypical size and productive in college but he will be WAY behind mentally to adjust to the NFL. A season with our guys will fix that. Rotational pass rusher in years 1 and 2.

I would cry tears of joy if we could pull out a draft like this.

#3 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,602 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 06 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

i was going through a mock and taking Jerick in the 6th was something i kept coming up to.those combine #s are great for a RB.

#4 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 07:32 PM

Why wouldn't Cleveland just take their QB at 26?

#5 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,895 posts

Posted 06 May 2014 - 08:03 PM

Why wouldn't Cleveland just take their QB at 26?

Yeah, there was not a scenario given for Cleveland coming back in.  At first glance you'd think they would have to have gotten two blue chippers with 4 and 26, like maybe Watkins at WR and Dennard at CB.  Something that they couldn't pass up I would suppose.

#6 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 06 May 2014 - 10:05 PM

In this scenario we trade down with Cleveland who wants to move up to take their QB. At 28 they will have their pick of Bridgewater, Carr and maybe Bortles.  Whoever they want, they go get.  The Panthers receive the Browns picks in the 2nd and 3rd (numbers 35 and 71) for the 28th pick. Now here is my hope for how these picks get used.

2nd Round:  OT Joel Bitonio- He goes later than some think but comes off the board early in round 2. He will play left tackle until he proves he can't.  Even then he would make a tremendous RT or Guard. Low risk, high reward with the big guy.

2nd Round:  WR Jarvis Landry- What?! A WR that ran a 4.7?! Yes indeed. Landry will be our flanker and number 2 receiver for a long time and give us great memories of incredible catches and devastating blocks. He will add an edge to the offense and be a clutch red zone receiver and 3rd down guy that won't go down on first contact. Boldin Jr.

3rd Round:  WR Paul Richardson- Yessir, double down. Here ladies and gents is our speed receiver. He is a little light in the pants (175 pounds) so he could use a season of being a deep threat guy and adding weight before being our future number 1. Rivera said we may not need a number 1 this year, but that doesn't mean he won't draft a guy that will be in the future. Richardson has blazing speed and incredible ball skills. We keep Cam smiling.

3rd Round:  CB EJ Gaines- We finally make a defense pick and I have been pounding the table for this guy for a long time. EJ Gaines is the perfect corner for our system and he is a playmaker. He is fast, aggressive, and a good tackler. 

4th Round:  OLB Telvin Smith- He slips to the 4th because of testing positive for marijuana and being somewhat of a tweener.  Like Richardson, Smith will be a rotational guy that will add more mass before taking on a bigger role. He could be a nice replacement for Davis one day if he commits himself to gaining muscle, keeping his nose clean, and learning from our veterans.

5th Round:  OT Charles Leno- I don't know why this guy doesn't get more love. He was a rock solid LT for Boise State and will add depth to our offensive line.

aside from the trade aspect - this is a pretty solid mock and most def people I could see us drafting. 

#7 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 01:32 AM

I was more thinking if Roby was there at 26 they take him (took Sammy Watkins with first pick, Manziel was gone) then they make the bold move to go back up to get their QB. I see this as really plausible for a team and a franchise that needs to energize their fanbase and seize the opportunity to compete for the division this year.

#8 Shermdog

Shermdog

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:32 AM

I hadnt watched anything on McKinnon. Im impressed with him. I like most of your mock except Leno in the 5th. Landry and Richardson would be a good WR combination.

#9 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,505 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

I like the thinking somewhat but I'm under the impression we can get better value than Richardson and Gaines in round 3.  

That aside, really like Gaines, Bitonio, Leno, and of course Landry.  

#10 MedellinHeel

MedellinHeel

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:51 AM

we can not use a 2nd round pick on a possession #2 WR at best. 

hell fugging no. 

#11 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 03:00 PM

It’s unlikely Carolina would be willing to trade up in the draft to secure a top-tier offensive tackle or elite receiver – the team would have to give up pick(s) its not willing to part with. But if the draft breaks the right way, and if the price is right, a source said the team would be amenable to trading down out of the first round.

From Jones piece in today's observer

#12 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,758 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:05 PM

Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users