442 replies to this topic

#1 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:42 PM

"Workers from fast food giants like McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's and Yum! Brands, owner of KFC, have been walking of their jobs, calling on employers to pay them a minimum wage of $15 an hour and allow them to form unions without retaliation."

If I was the owner or CEO etc, I would hold open interviews at the resturant and fire as I hire. If they are protesting, they must not need the job THAT bad.

Then there is this weak example from the bottom of the gene pool:

"Frankie Tisdale, a 26-year-old worker from a KFC in Brooklyn said he will join the strike with fellow workers next week.
Tisdale lives in his father's house in Brooklyn with his girlfriend and two young children. He earns $8 an hour and works between 14 and 23 hours a week.
With less than $200 a week, he sometimes has to choose between buying food for the family and taking his kids' clothes for a wash to the laundromat. He said it's too expensive to eat at the KFC where he works so he never does. "Everything costs more. Why can't my pay go up?" Tisdale says."

14 to 23 hours a week???? Get a second source of income or put in more hours asshat.

I am not sitting on a high horse, pissing below either. Less than two years ago, I had a negative bank account and even though I am not religious, I thanked God almighty for the $8.00 and hour job that I was hired for, and I would have gladly worked for less if it was all I could get.

Source link: http://money.cnn.com...ties/index.html

#2 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,802 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

I had a negative bank account and even though I am not religious, I thanked God almighty for the $8.00 and hour job that I was hired for, and I would have gladly worked for less if it was all I could get.

Spoiler

#3 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:37 PM

Man that was a great and typical example there

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#4 ecu88

ecu88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

Bring on da Robo-burger! Quick to da choppa!

#5 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,346 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:29 PM

Just do what many municipalities and states are already doing- raise it themselves.

Why ask Congress to do something they haven't done for the last 4 years, like pass a single piece of significant legislation?

San Francisco raised their minimum wage to $10.74 and they boast one of the strongest economies in the country right now. Seattle is working toward a $15 minimum wage.

http://seattletimes....impactsxml.html

Ten years ago, San Francisco raised its minimum wage from $6.75 to $8.50 an hour, a 26 percent increase. Since then, it has gone up at regular intervals to its current $10.74 an hour, the highest big-city starting wage in the country.

The city has slapped other mandates on businesses, including paid sick leave and a requirement to provide health-care coverage or pay into a pool for uninsured residents.

What have the effects been on employment?

Almost none, according to economists at the University of California, Berkeley, who have studied San Francisco, eight other cities that raised their minimum wages in the past decade, and 21 states with higher base pay than the federal minimum.

Businesses absorbed the costs through lower turnover, small price increases at restaurants, which have a high concentration of low-wage workers, and higher worker productivity, the researchers found.

#6 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,195 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

15$/hr to flip burgers.

I remember when I hit 15 an hour and I had to work my ass of for it.

It seems to me the more they raise minimum wage the less all my hard work was worth. I could have just been an uneducated bum and eventually the government will do the work for me.

#7 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:44 AM

Anybody posts research and study, which gets countered by yet another lazy entitled burger flipper rant.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#8 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,609 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

We need to people flip burgers and do things do not require a MBA or a higher education. Why do we insist on treating them like  pariahs. My question is...if businesses were to raise their prices to cover these wages how much of it would really affect their bottom line? Would they not pass that cost onto the consumer?

Are you not willing to spend and extra .25 on a hamburger so someone can have something close to a living wage?

#9 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,195 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 08 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

If you are relying on a minimum wage job to support a family you have done life wrong.

So, working in fast food should afford you 30,000 a year and health insurance?

If that happens we won't need burger flippers we will need teachers, trash men, mail men,ect.

#10 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:09 PM

Lol. Fast food unions. I heard journeyman burger flippers get a nice pension

#11 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,638 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:51 PM

We need to people flip burgers and do things do not require a MBA or a higher education. Why do we insist on treating them like pariahs. My question is...if businesses were to raise their prices to cover these wages how much of it would really affect their bottom line? Would they not pass that cost onto the consumer?

Are you not willing to spend and extra .25 on a hamburger so someone can have something close to a living wage?

all they have to do is raise a burger by 25 pennies and they guy who dropped out of school in the 9th grade can live a great life? Well spit in my burger I had no idea.

Now the managers who went to school are now making minimum wage, what should we pay them? maybe raise the price of fries by a dime.

I managed multi unit restaurants back in the day before I went to the hotel industry and I've done many pnls most restaurants barely make bottom line. I would never ever open a restaurant. You're doing good with an 8% profit margin the price of food has skyrocketed.

#12 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,638 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:53 PM

I kno

#13 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,638 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

I know a high percentage of fast food workers don't have a high school education not all though so no disrespect.

#14 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,291 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 08 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

wages stagnate while inflation and food costs and CEO compensation and worker productivity and profit go up and up and up. the natural response is to make uppity burger-flipper jokes that ignore the quicksand of class mobility in america and in the next breath gripe about people getting assistance to buy food because they can't afford it

disgusting

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,352 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 08 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

If you are an adult who went through 12 years of school and 25 or so years of life and the only meaningful skill you have to offer the workforce is flipping burgers.....you are either unbelievably lazy or lucky to be walking around without drool dripping out of the corner your mouth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.