Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cardiackat88.

Over 150 cities to protest for higher wages at fast food restaurants

443 posts in this topic

So what prevents the employer from churning and burning employees every 6 months?

Absolute nothing.....but I'm trying to change people's behavior...Call it my version of economic Darwinism.

If I take your worst case scenario.

Business owner - will churn and burn every 3 months (FT). Unskilled/naive person applying.

Even if the person accepting the position didn't check the current employee's length of history before accepting, they'll realize it the first day of work. The job becomes toxic day 1. The employee

will want to leave immediately to a company that will keep you beyond 3 months. Therefore better skilled prospects will leave and go to better companies that provide future opportunities.

The owner has to know that he has a very unhappy workforce. And with that his quality of service goes down, theft/pilferage go up. His profits by paying cheap labor gets hit by the constant churn, loss of business, and pilferage. (and yes, unhappy employees steal, I was amazed the first time I heard of a black-market for pizza cheese, cleaning supplies, etc). His business will suffer. And unless he changes his ways, he may just go out of business or sell and be replaced by a better owner.

Panthro you provided the link that supports these points. And for all you guys who work in offices...there's a reason why companies walk you out the moment you are notified. Companies do not want disgruntled short-timers to continue working. A churn-n-burn business puts a person on a 3 month notice...

Instead of dragging businesses kicking and screaming to a new min wage...you need to "enlighten" them to the benefits of rewarding and keeping great employees. If not, we'll go through this same issue over and over til the end of fuggin time.

My plan still gets to a "living wage", but God willing, the owner might learn something.

::scanning for personal accountability::

No results found.

Sent from my iPhone using Carolina

Sound about right coming from ur brains.

Absolute nothing.....but I'm trying to change people's behavior...Call it my version of economic Darwinism.

If I take your worst case scenario.

Business owner - will churn and burn every 3 months (FT). Unskilled/naive person applying.

Even if the person accepting the position didn't check the current employee's length of history before accepting, they'll realize it the first day of work. The job becomes toxic day 1. The employee

will want to leave immediately to a company that will keep you beyond 3 months. Therefore better skilled prospects will leave and go to better companies that provide future opportunities.

The owner has to know that he has a very unhappy workforce. And with that his quality of service goes down, theft/pilferage go up. His profits by paying cheap labor gets hit by the constant churn, loss of business, and pilferage. (and yes, unhappy employees steal, I was amazed the first time I heard of a black-market for pizza cheese, cleaning supplies, etc). His business will suffer. And unless he changes his ways, he may just go out of business or sell and be replaced by a better owner.

Panthro you provided the link that supports these points. And for all you guys who work in offices...there's a reason why companies walk you out the moment you are notified. Companies do not want disgruntled short-timers to continue working. A churn-n-burn business puts a person on a 3 month notice...

Instead of dragging businesses kicking and screaming to a new min wage...you need to "enlighten" them to the benefits of rewarding and keeping great employees. If not, we'll go through this same issue over and over til the end of fuggin time.

My plan still gets to a "living wage", but God willing, the owner might learn something.

Throughout history that's probably worked a total time of never.

Workers rights were won by blood or by law or the occasional labor shortage.

Sent from my iPhone using Carolina

• Topics

• With rivera thinking defense would win mentality..they thought Cam would be enough him and Smitty and double trouble...didn't work that way..this is a passing league and you have to adjust..front 7 is nice but if the team is getting ball out quick it negates it.Our offense in the SB was slow and line not good on the right side..After loosing Smity we had no true threat...Benjamin is good but is slow. Ginn and Brown weak and small..they are no smity ..If Steve were here we would have had a 2015 SB. Imagine Smitty in Browns place during SB...the organization took a turn for worst on offense should have gotten a  replacement benji was not it or was not enough.
    • So you answer a question with a question? Have no opinion?  Scared to guess?
    • correct. herbert spencer's concept (falsely attributed to darwin) was used heavily throughout the late 19th century to add a scientific justification for things like child labor and opposing evils such as regulations. some people were meant to be poor! it is a sure sign someone has no empathy and shouldn't be a viable voice in putting together a society that works for everyone because it is inherently anti-social.