Sent from my iPhone using Carolina

#437 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,614 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

Ps: all this burger talk got me hungry, so I went on down to P Terry's, who pays their employees a minimum of $11/hr.

Delish burger served by happy employees. Pretty great what you can do when you put your customers and employees first and the bankers and CEO's second.

Do you think that has more to do with the pay or the quality of worker that a higher pay rate brought to the business?

#438 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:30 PM

Do you think that has more to do with the pay or the quality of worker that a higher pay rate brought to the business?

Little of both, really.

You think people don't recognize the only reason they're not replaced by machines is the cost?

#439 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,224 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

Well unfortunately due to the damage your parasitic frat boy industry did to the economy and the welfare package the nation was forced to gift to you, many people don't have a choice to do otherwise.

And you can make fun of fast food workers, but I've never seen a burger flipper demand a bonus after he burned down the restaurant.

Right on cue...delhommey blaming his shitty life on everyone except for himself.

It is NOT society's fault that you are lazy and stupid. Go slap your parents and their shallow gene pool for that.

#440 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

::scanning for personal accountability::

No results found.

#441 dos poptarts

dos poptarts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:01 AM

So what prevents the employer from churning and burning employees every 6 months?

Absolute nothing.....but I'm trying to change people's behavior...Call it my version of economic Darwinism.

If I take your worst case scenario.

Business owner - will churn and burn every 3 months (FT). Unskilled/naive person applying.

Even if the person accepting the position didn't check the current employee's length of history before accepting, they'll realize it the first day of work. The job becomes toxic day 1. The employee

will want to leave immediately to a company that will keep you beyond 3 months. Therefore better skilled prospects will leave and go to better companies that provide future opportunities.

The owner has to know that he has a very unhappy workforce. And with that his quality of service goes down, theft/pilferage go up. His profits by paying cheap labor gets hit by the constant churn, loss of business, and pilferage. (and yes, unhappy employees steal, I was amazed the first time I heard of a black-market for pizza cheese, cleaning supplies, etc). His business will suffer. And unless he changes his ways, he may just go out of business or sell and be replaced by a better owner.

Panthro you provided the link that supports these points. And for all you guys who work in offices...there's a reason why companies walk you out the moment you are notified. Companies do not want disgruntled short-timers to continue working. A churn-n-burn business puts a person on a 3 month notice...

Instead of dragging businesses kicking and screaming to a new min wage...you need to "enlighten" them to the benefits of rewarding and keeping great employees. If not, we'll go through this same issue over and over til the end of fuggin time.

My plan still gets to a "living wage", but God willing, the owner might learn something.

#442 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,346 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

::scanning for personal accountability::

No results found.

Sound about right coming from ur brains.

#443 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,566 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:00 PM

Absolute nothing.....but I'm trying to change people's behavior...Call it my version of economic Darwinism.

If I take your worst case scenario.
Business owner - will churn and burn every 3 months (FT). Unskilled/naive person applying.
Even if the person accepting the position didn't check the current employee's length of history before accepting, they'll realize it the first day of work. The job becomes toxic day 1. The employee
will want to leave immediately to a company that will keep you beyond 3 months. Therefore better skilled prospects will leave and go to better companies that provide future opportunities.

The owner has to know that he has a very unhappy workforce. And with that his quality of service goes down, theft/pilferage go up. His profits by paying cheap labor gets hit by the constant churn, loss of business, and pilferage. (and yes, unhappy employees steal, I was amazed the first time I heard of a black-market for pizza cheese, cleaning supplies, etc). His business will suffer. And unless he changes his ways, he may just go out of business or sell and be replaced by a better owner.

Panthro you provided the link that supports these points. And for all you guys who work in offices...there's a reason why companies walk you out the moment you are notified. Companies do not want disgruntled short-timers to continue working. A churn-n-burn business puts a person on a 3 month notice...

Instead of dragging businesses kicking and screaming to a new min wage...you need to "enlighten" them to the benefits of rewarding and keeping great employees. If not, we'll go through this same issue over and over til the end of fuggin time.

My plan still gets to a "living wage", but God willing, the owner might learn something.

Throughout history that's probably worked a total time of never.

Workers rights were won by blood or by law or the occasional labor shortage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com