Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

D. Newton outlines the needs

9 posts in this topic

Posted

D. Newton outlined the Panthers' draft needs yesterday and today, and i gotta say that ive been waiting for some Panthers writer to take the depth chart and break it down simply like Newton did. I agree with most of his logic.

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/6261/pre-draft-look-at-panthers-depth-chart-and-needs-on-offense?ex_cid=espnapi_public

http://espn.go.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/6274/panthers-defensive-depth-chart-and-draft-needs?ex_cid=espnapi_public

so what do you think? what are the Panthers' needs in order?

I say our needs go like this (for various reasons): OT, WR, CB, DE, G, LB, DT, RB, C

Posted

i do have to admit thought... he says we have a need at fullback and it shocked me to read that. 

Posted

What was his reasoning behind fullback

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

What was his reasoning behind fullback

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

give the team flexibility if they want to part with Tolbert's salary in the next year or two.

Posted

Tolbert is more of a half back anyway. He's been the best RB on the team for two years.

1 person likes this

Posted

You don't add a FB for flexibility down the road. Many teams don't have a FB, period. Virtually no one carries a backup FB on the 53.

Posted

Our needs are more like OT, WR, CB, G, S, LB, DE, RB, TE, KR

1 person likes this

Posted

I think OT and WR are basically tied for the most needed with CB pretty close behind. I think we need at least 2 WRs and 2 CBs and at least 2 OLs with one being a tackle.

Posted

Our needs are more like OT, WR, CB, G, S, LB, DE, RB, TE, KR

i forgot S or i would have added it to mine. i dont think we need a TE anymore. not with Olsen and Dickson. why did you rank LB ahead of DE? i suppose that far back it doesnt really matter but with all the craziness at DE (concerning the cap) and the relative stability at LB, i'd think DE is the bigger issue