Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Greg Hardy Arrested

653 posts in this topic

Posted

Smith is a little angry prick. That is all

Pretty much.  Glad to have had him on the team for all those years, but he would have been so easy to hate if he was, say, with the Saints or something.

Posted

Steve should just shut up and quit acting like a 15 year old girl who got dumped. He's throwing some pretty big stones in that glass house of his. Nobody knows what happened with Hardy. However, we do know that Steve has physically assaulted 3 teammates and admitted that his wife almost divorced him because of his violent behavior. I doubt he can say with a straight face he's never gotten into a physical or, at the very least, verbal altercation with his wife.

Also, he stopped tweeting for several days after Carolina drafted Benjamin. Then he replied "not my concern" to someone saying the new guys would have to mentor Benjamin since he was gone.

He's so butthurt.

Posted

trade Hardy. get more picks for next years draft... i love the Kraken alter ego but when you get violent with people off the football field, i cant deal with that. Panthers need to have integrity. i know we've dealt with stuff like this before with Smitty but that was the past. this type of distraction is not what a young, building team needs...

Posted

I hope Hardy finds a way to make Matt Ryan pay for all of this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

3 people like this

Posted

Stupid

Tied of stupid football players

He could marry her..worked for Ray Rice

Posted

Wow. Well...I guess we needed that Ealy pick now huh?

Posted

What? A simple domestic violence charge is a misdemeanor in literally every state, otherwise it's felony assault. 

what do you classify as simple?    cuz it is nation-wide at disgression of the court between misdemeanor and felony depending how bad it was.  I live in Las Vegas, here and in cali don't play around with that poo, its automatically a felony and you have to get a lwyer to hope for it dropped down, which in most cases it is, but comes along with a ton of fines, community service, and classes. 

Posted

I'm a lawyer and regularly defend people against these charges.

It is notable to me that the police actually charged him after interviewing the girlfriend. Normally police will not charge unless there is evidence of an assault (physical marks). If there is no evidence they will tell the person to go down to the magistrate themselves if they wish to take out a charge.

Second thing is he's not going to jail for this even if convicted. He doesn't appear to have a previous criminal record and almost no one in nc goes to jail on a first offense misdemeanor.

Depending on the policy of the DAs office in charlotte, whether the girlfriend cooperates with the DA, and the nature of the assault there could be a range of options. Where I practice, sometimes the defendant will be offered community service in exchange for a dismissal of the charges at a later date. Other times a plea will be negotiated. My guess is Hardy will plead not guilty and want a trial on the charges unless he is offered a community service type deal for a dismissal.

As many have said, this charge isn't a felony which means the police did not have evidence of a "serious injury" to the girlfriend. Assault inflicting serious injury is a common felony charge that you see in a domestic situation. In my experience, the vast majority of domestic assaults are charged as assault on a female.

4 people like this

Posted

Gettleman is so smart that he actually saw this coming....

BOW AT THE ALTAR OF NIPPLE-SHORTS!!!

Posted

Some girls are just ... ask Jay Z what Solange did to him

Posted

Smith needs to worry about his current teamates punching females first.

1 person likes this

Posted

Damn. Just damn.