Photo
- - - - -

Greg Hardy Arrested

Best Answer Zod, 13 May 2014 - 02:38 PM

What if she reached for the absolute best cheese fry in the pile? The one loaded with the most cheese and bacon?

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
655 replies to this topic

#436 MCC

MCC

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:22 PM

Smith is a little angry prick. That is all

Pretty much.  Glad to have had him on the team for all those years, but he would have been so easy to hate if he was, say, with the Saints or something.

#437 Fred G. Sanford

Fred G. Sanford

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

Steve should just shut up and quit acting like a 15 year old girl who got dumped. He's throwing some pretty big stones in that glass house of his. Nobody knows what happened with Hardy. However, we do know that Steve has physically assaulted 3 teammates and admitted that his wife almost divorced him because of his violent behavior. I doubt he can say with a straight face he's never gotten into a physical or, at the very least, verbal altercation with his wife.

Also, he stopped tweeting for several days after Carolina drafted Benjamin. Then he replied "not my concern" to someone saying the new guys would have to mentor Benjamin since he was gone.

He's so butthurt.

#438 ViaVeritasVita

ViaVeritasVita

For King and Country

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,196 posts
  • LocationLandrum, SC

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

trade Hardy. get more picks for next years draft... i love the Kraken alter ego but when you get violent with people off the football field, i cant deal with that. Panthers need to have integrity. i know we've dealt with stuff like this before with Smitty but that was the past. this type of distraction is not what a young, building team needs...

#439 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,342 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

I hope Hardy finds a way to make Matt Ryan pay for all of this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#440 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

Stupid

Tied of stupid football players

He could marry her..worked for Ray Rice

#441 LilFlipMac

LilFlipMac

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

Wow. Well...I guess we needed that Ealy pick now huh?

#442 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,983 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:56 PM

What? A simple domestic violence charge is a misdemeanor in literally every state, otherwise it's felony assault. 

what do you classify as simple?    cuz it is nation-wide at disgression of the court between misdemeanor and felony depending how bad it was.  I live in Las Vegas, here and in cali don't play around with that poo, its automatically a felony and you have to get a lwyer to hope for it dropped down, which in most cases it is, but comes along with a ton of fines, community service, and classes. 

#443 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

I'm a lawyer and regularly defend people against these charges.

It is notable to me that the police actually charged him after interviewing the girlfriend. Normally police will not charge unless there is evidence of an assault (physical marks). If there is no evidence they will tell the person to go down to the magistrate themselves if they wish to take out a charge.

Second thing is he's not going to jail for this even if convicted. He doesn't appear to have a previous criminal record and almost no one in nc goes to jail on a first offense misdemeanor.

Depending on the policy of the DAs office in charlotte, whether the girlfriend cooperates with the DA, and the nature of the assault there could be a range of options. Where I practice, sometimes the defendant will be offered community service in exchange for a dismissal of the charges at a later date. Other times a plea will be negotiated. My guess is Hardy will plead not guilty and want a trial on the charges unless he is offered a community service type deal for a dismissal.

As many have said, this charge isn't a felony which means the police did not have evidence of a "serious injury" to the girlfriend. Assault inflicting serious injury is a common felony charge that you see in a domestic situation. In my experience, the vast majority of domestic assaults are charged as assault on a female.

#444 mc52beast

mc52beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:00 PM

Gettleman is so smart that he actually saw this coming....

BOW AT THE ALTAR OF NIPPLE-SHORTS!!!

#445 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

Some girls are just ... ask Jay Z what Solange did to him

#446 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,369 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

Smith needs to worry about his current teamates punching females first.

#447 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,907 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:13 PM

Damn. Just damn.

#448 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

Ok there are a couple things about this that strike me very very oddly.

If you check the OP's link to the CNBC story, there is a video that actually shows the police report.

Injuries the female suffered: bruises and scratches.

It also states Hardy attacked her using his hands, feet and teeth.

If Hardy attacked her, for whatever reason, does anyone think he would scratch, bite and/or kick her?  A 6 foot 4 280 lb man is going to punch and throw a woman around.  Hardy is an odd guy but if you piss him off to the point where he his legitimately trying to hurt you I have a very tough time believing he's going to bite and scratch you...

#449 KeeK

KeeK

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:21 PM

Hope he doesn't have to miss any games just give him a nice size fine that gets his attention.

#450 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:29 PM

That's a pre-printed form. It does say she suffered bruises and scratches but the "hands,feet and teeth" was not written by the officer. That is on the report as an example to the officer when describing the nature of the assault and whether "weapons" were used. From what I can see, that part of the report was left blank.

Ok there are a couple things about this that strike me very very oddly.

If you check the OP's link to the CNBC story, there is a video that actually shows the police report.

Injuries the female suffered: bruises and scratches.
It also states Hardy attacked her using his hands, feet and teeth.

If Hardy attacked her, for whatever reason, does anyone think he would scratch, bite and/or kick her? A 6 foot 4 280 lb man is going to punch and throw a woman around. Hardy is an odd guy but if you piss him off to the point where he his legitimately trying to hurt you I have a very tough time believing he's going to bite and scratch you...

Edited by BIGH2001, 13 May 2014 - 07:32 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com