• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:06 PM

I'm going to be at Bobby Dodd when we play them :) Got some friends at GT.

What hype? I haven't seen anyone predicting us to be ACC champs or anything. We are loaded with talent at the WR position we just lack experience (which is very key). Our defensive front 7 is going to carry us. I'm not too worried about GTs offense. Everyone's riding it's nuts but the only reason that's happening is because they beat UGA. If UGA wins GT wouldn't get NEAR the hype they're getting.

You are underestimating how good Dwyer is IMO. That offense is really tough to stop and they have another stud at DE named Derrick Morgan. He very well could be a first team DE...

#17 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:02 PM

The good thing about VaTech is that Tyrod Taylor can either make them a top 10 team or he can just take a back seat to Darren Evans and they can be a solid top 20 team. They are by far the best team in the ACC IMO because of their ability to run the football and play defense...

I don't see anything I disagree with in your rankings. I think this division is very cut and dry as to who the top 3-4 teams are.

yeah that is why I am taking my time and going to do a write up on the Atlantic.....That is a much more tricky division, and I am going back and forth on a few teams with my predictions

#18 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:04 AM

CH is right, GT played a very surprising season, and the win against Miami just showed that they could go off at any minute. You have to remember this was a new system, new coach and they adapted well. now think what they can do with a year under their belt. The losses on defense were huge, but I have seen teams in the past plug in people at on the front line and be just as successful. You have to remember while their offense was potent, their defense at times was very suspect.

With the hype regarding Carolina, have you been reading anything during the offseason? While every writer and expert is still on the Hokie train, most people are saying that Carolina is the only team in the ACC that could derail them. You say that Carolina has a ton of talent at the WR spot, but one question are you are going by stars not actual on field play? These guys are freshman and will be going a whole different speed then they are used to from the High School ranks, and they are trying to replace one first team all ACC, and probably could have been one of the best all around athletes Carolina has seen on offense in the history of the program with Brandon Tate. Also, you have the new found love for Carolina football that has deveolped and there is a lot of confidence and hype among fans.

That is a very tough task that lies ahead of a bunch of 18 and 19 years olds.

Possibly derail them but i don't really see much hype. I see mostly GT derailing the Hokies. Then again i live in Atlanta. I did mention the lack of experience as being a big deal. You missed that :P

#19 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 10:48 AM

Miami is a wildcard in this division IMO. After the first four weeks of their schedule which are crazy, they are either going to throw in the towel for the rest of the season and lose games they should have no problem winning or buckel down and make their season out of the ACC play. If Shannon can get them on track after that first month then they could threaten at the top, but with that being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see them lay down. You can not overstate how tough those first four weeks are.

#20 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,213 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:12 AM

yeah that is why I am taking my time and going to do a write up on the Atlantic.....That is a much more tricky division, and I am going back and forth on a few teams with my predictions

I bet you are ;)

#21 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:33 AM

What an adorable little conference.

#22 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:35 AM

lol
I bet Duke could beat Nebraska right now

#23 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

Nuh uh.

#24 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:38 AM

Nuh uh.

yeah youre right,maybe not Duke but the rest maybe

#25 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:40 AM

The only team that even deserves a shot at the title is VaTech, and we'll know if they're even worthy come September 19th.

#26 jkeough

jkeough

poop

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

The only team that even deserves a shot at the title is VaTech, and we'll know if they're even worthy come September 19th.

alright alright calm down...dont get all Lawrence Phillips on me like you did your GF

#27 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,213 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:16 PM

States worst team in recent memory beat Apps best team ever in the history of their program.

#28 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:28 PM

Didn't VT beat you guys last year at your place?

ACC - 1
Nebraska - 0

#29 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:32 PM

Overrated!

Possibly derail them but i don't really see much hype. I see mostly GT derailing the Hokies. Then again i live in Atlanta. I did mention the lack of experience as being a big deal. You missed that :P

So wait you say that GT is overrated but could possibly derail the ACC Champion and possible NC Contender?

#30 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

So wait you say that GT is overrated but could possibly derail the ACC Champion and possible NC Contender?

I was going to call him out, but I figured all I would get would be some Duke bashing so I stayed away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.