Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

David Newton a little more serious about Hardy's situation.

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I am no way condoning Hardy's actions but it was a misdemeanor. They both were drunk and in the long run it is he said /she said. Other than the witnesses that heard the commotion no one saw anything. Hardy said she attacked him first and he went crazy.

I think she will get some money and Hardy might get suspended a game or two or three but it will blow over and Hardy will remain a Panther. IMO

Posted · Report post

This is still a very serious issue, though because of the internet and social media, we've twisted this thing around so many times that it's easy for us to blow it off because "we are done with it."

Let's think about this:  Two young people's lives will be changed for ever.  Right now, I'm leaning towards Hardy's innocence of criminal activity.  Regardless though, he still has to carry this around for the rest of his life.  She will have to deal with her own reputation from these activities for the rest of her life.

Fact is there was no shortage of stupid that night.  If Hardy gets to play another down of pro football, he needs to thank his lucky stars.  If the girlfriend can get a normal job and have a good, normal life after this, she should thank her lucky stars as well.  

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

They're not going to release a player with Hardy's talent over an incident like this.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hardy has just learned a major life lesson........pretty women are fucking crazy.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hardy has just learned a major life lesson........pretty women are fuging crazy.

You still have a lot to learn young grasshopper...

Ugly, fugly, hot, cute, plain Jane....all women be crazy.

Just kidding ladies :)

But seriously, women be crazy
8 people like this

Posted · Report post

Hardy has just learned a major life lesson........pretty women are fuging crazy.

You still have a lot to learn young grasshopper...

But seriously, women be crazy

Let me go old school:

[yt]E-Ky1kN8D6A[/yt]

Lyrics:

If you wanna be happy
For the rest of your life,
Never make a pretty woman your wife,
So from my personal point of view,
Get an ugly girl to marry you.

If you wanna be happy

A pretty woman makes her husband look small
And very often causes his downfall.
As soon as he marries her, then she starts
To do the things that will break his heart,
But if you make an ugly woman your wife,
You'll be happy for the rest of your life,
An ugly woman cooks her meals on time,
She'll always give you peace of mind.

If you wanna be happy

Don't let your friends say
You have no taste,
Go ahead and marry anyway,
Though her face is ugly,
Her eyes don't match,
Take it from me she's a better catch.

If you wanna be happy

Say man.
Hey baby.
I saw your wife the other day.
Yeah?
Yeah, she's ugly.
Man, she's ugly but she sure can cook, baby.
Yeah? Alright...

If you wanna be happy

If you wanna be happy

If you wanna be happy

If you wanna be happy
Get an ugly girl to marry you

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Once he's signed the franchise tag doesnt that mean all money is 100% guaranteed? How can we release him without a major cap hit?

Posted · Report post

[quote name="CRA" post="2789521" timestamp="1400245327"]You still have a lot to learn young grasshopper...

But seriously, women be crazy[/

Crazy is in the eye of the beholder :)

Posted · Report post

People in the NFL get arrested all the time. Even Jon Beason was arrested. There's guys with lengthy run-ins with the law that's still playing today AND making millions. Hardy won't do any time and eventually this will be the past

It also helps that Beason was proven not guilty for beating that guy outside a strip club. Had he been found guilty, I'm sure the organization would have changed it's tone.

A lot of these player contracts in sports are loaded with character clauses that teams use to get themselves out of paying up when players like Vick and Hernandez are caught in hot water. Right now, everything going on with Hardy is up in the air and it may turn out to be another Beason situation. We will see how this turns out.

I've known a few people in abusive relationships, and IMO the writing is on the wall here. For some reason, this whole thing reminds me of Fred Lane. I'm just glad it didn't end like that.

What I understand is why fans don't get that pro sports is a business?  I know fans what to feel like it's an escape from business and work, but at the end of the day these teams are companies and their employees (or athletes signed under contract) have to follow regulations and company procedures just like 99.9% of the workforce.

Richie Incognito chose to open his mouth and what he said goes beyond work place code. Again, pro sports is a business and when you are accused of workplace discrimination, you're gone. It's also why no player on a NFL team with half a brain will talk s*** to Michael Sam.

And just like a business, your employees represent your businesses' image. It is why a lot of businesses or teams aren't looking at Richie in a positive light right now and it's why he remains a free agent. This isn't to say that no business will hire a less than positive role model to represent their business. It isn't uncommon for some businesses to hire ex cons and in pro sports, teams like the Raiders and Bangles don't seem to have a problem with that either. :)

Still, if a team chooses to have a certain profile, a certain standard, a certain... whatever, then they choose what sort of people they want representing their team or business. I think Jerry with the exception of Smitty has really put his foot down on this sort of thing and since the Panthers are his team, his company and his image, don't be shocked - if found guilty - Hardy is given his release papers.

I hope he is found not guilty because he is an amazing athlete and we need him to win, but I also understand how business works and understand that the NFL is a business.

Posted · Report post

Does anyone know if his franchise contract is negatable if he goes to jail?

even if found guilty, because he has a clean record, he won't serve any time.
Probation & Court fees.

Posted · Report post

Really doesn't matter if she drops the charges as the DA can decide to pursue on their own.

Posted · Report post

Does anyone know if his franchise contract is  negatable if he goes to jail?

I don't think so unless it gets to the level of a felony. I think the wording is something along the lines of "detrimental conduct."

It is even clear whether some of Aaron Hernandez's guarantees will be paid.