#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:57 AM

The National Football Post came out with their early 2015 college football recruiting ranks, so with out out further ado... here are some fan favorites.

Link: http://www.nationalf...g-rankings.html

4. Auburn: Coming off of their appearance in the BCS title game, Gus Malzahn and Co. had a string of pledges last month, including running back/safety Kerryon Johnson, guards Kaleb Kim and Marquel Harrell as well as tackle Bailey Sharp. Tyler Queen is an intriguing prospect at quarterback, while Jordan Colbert is a versatile safety/outside linebacker. Meanwhile, JUCO wide receiver Jason Smith and cornerback Tony Bridges have a chance to step in and contribute right away.

6. Clemson: Dabo Swinney continues to bring top talent to Death Valley, and the 2015 class is led by a strong crop of offensive linemen. Mitch Hyatt is arguably the top tackle in the nation, while Jake Fruhmorgen and Noah Green are also committed to play O-Line. Dual-threat signal-callers Kelly Bryant and Tucker Israel are also on board to potentially run future offenses for Chad Morris (if he isn't a head coach somewhere else, of course).

7. Tennessee: The Volunteers, coming off of an amazing 2014 haul, are in line for yet another strong class. They have 11 players committed as of now, led by wide receiver Preston Williams. Offensive lineman Jack Jones and defensive end Andrew Butcher are also in the mix, and Butch Jones will only continue to improve the talent level in Knoxville.

9. Miami (FL): Al Golden continues to raise the talent level in Coral Gables. The Hurricanes have pledges from running back Dexter Williams and tight end Bowman Archibald, who are two of the better players at their respective positions. And they are still in play for some of the top uncommitted prospects such as Torrance Gibson, CeCe Jefferson, Shy Tuttle and Jacques Patrick.

14. South Carolina: The Gamecocks have pledges from eight players, led by defensive end Shameik Blackshear, who is one of the best weakside defensive ends in the country. Defensive back Mark Fields II and linebacker Sherrod Pittman are also committed. Steve Spurrier's program vaulted up these rankings with the recent pledges of dual-threat quarterback Lorenzo Nunez and tight end Kyle Markway, two intriguing prospects.

19. West Virginia: Dana Holgorsen and his staff have hit Florida hard and struck it rich, with pledges from players such as wide receivers Jovon Durante and Kahlil Lewis, running back Alex Anderson and safeties Kendrell McFadden, Kevin Williams and Sheldrick Redwine.

21. North Carolina: Larry Fedora and his staff are putting together a very strong class, and it's highlighted by tight end Carl Tucker, who is one of the best at his position. Offensive tackle Mason Veal is one of the better O-Linemen in the country, while dual-threat signal-callers Anthony Ratliff and Nathan Elliott are intriguing. Defensively, safety Ronnie Harrison and outside linebacker Andre Smith are nice lands from Florida.

23. USC: Steve Sarkisian has done a wonderful job since coming back to Los Angeles, as he has pledges from top Georgia offensive tackle Chuma Edoga and one of the best quarterbacks in the country, in-state signal-caller Ricky Town. Defensively, tackle Jacob Daniel is a nice pickup.

If I didn't list your school and there in the top 25 rankings, I apologize.

#2 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:20 AM

As a UNC fan it's nice to see Fedora off to another fast start

Carl Tucker - #3 TE-H, ESPN260

Ronnie Harrison- #22 S

Anthony Ratliff- #23 QB-DT

Nathan Elliot- #27 QB-DT

Andre Smith- #27 OLB

Mason Veal- #31 OT

Corey Bell Jr.- #34 CB

Williams Sweet- UR OT

Chris Clark- #3 TE-Y, ESPN104 was originally committed to UNC but his parents kind of forced him to de-commit which was a shame. With Carl committing to UNC, I doubt they get Chris's commitment back.

Hopefully UNC can keep Shy Tuttle- #5 DT ESPN22 in state. It's apparently between UNC and Clemson with Tennessee having an outside chance.

Another guy to keep an eye out for is RB Johnny Frasier who is said to be keen on UNC, Duke, FSU, and UGA.

A few other top NC prospects are Nyheim Hines (an OSU lean, could have changed since December), Darian Roseboro, Bryce Love, and Jalen Dalton.

#3 Fenrir

Fenrir

Panther/Vol Fanatic!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:37 PM

I'm incredibly impressed by Butch Jones and his recruiting prowess. Now, we just need to show the improvement on the field and it will all fall into place. 

#4 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

Another guy to keep an eye out for is RB Johnny Frasier who is said to be keen on UNC, Duke, FSU, and UGA.

One of these things is not like the others

#5 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 10:53 PM

Mekhi Brown a Bama commit currently ranked 64th in the ESPN300 is deciding to use all five of his five visits.

He's visiting Alabama, Stanford, Mississippi State, UNC, and either LSU or Texas A&M.

Brown insists he's 100% committed to Bama, but taking all of these visits says otherwise. 

#6 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 May 2014 - 01:07 AM

Frasier is a must see prospect. Plays at a small school so its hard to really see him against good competition. Plays at Princeton high school in eastern NC. Offers have been pouring in for him over the off-season 

#7 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 02:08 AM

Frasier is a must see prospect. Plays at a small school so its hard to really see him against good competition. Plays at Princeton high school in eastern NC. Offers have been pouring in for him over the off-season

Keep us updated if you have any info.

#8 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:07 PM

Just got an update on Darian Roseboro who is currently ranked as the 159th best player in the country by ESPN.

His top 10 in no particular order: Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, Michigan, UNC, Florida, Tennessee, Duke, and N.C. State.

Also Juval Mollette, a four start wide receiver from Randleman, NC currently has UNC at the top of his list. Mollette is the 43rd ranked wide receiver in the country. Mollette is also said to be keen on Clemson, however Mollette's mother like's Carolina more. Mollette currently holds offers from Ohio State, Michigan, Ole Miss, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Virginia, East Carolina, Duke, N.C. State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, and as previously mentioned; Clemson.

Snagging both Mollette and Roseboro would be huge on the in-state recruiting front.

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 16 May 2014 - 11:16 PM.

#9 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 11:28 PM

Here's another update, Jalen Dalton who is the 90th ranked player in the country is currently considered a UNC lean.

Dalton has offers from FSU, South Carolina, Clemson, Georgia, Michigan, West Virginia etc...

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 17 May 2014 - 11:30 PM.

#10 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

USC's recruiting class is going to be absolutely filthy by the time late January rolls around. Can just about count on it being in the top five. 

#11 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,402 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:23 AM

USC's recruiting class is going to be absolutely filthy by the time late January rolls around. Can just about count on it being in the top five. 

Yea. I expect the usual suspects to grace the top 10. 

Also- Rivals probably more accurately reflects these very early rankings, as usual.

#12 Fenrir

Fenrir

Panther/Vol Fanatic!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:52 AM

Just got an update on Darian Roseboro who is currently ranked as the 159th best player in the country by ESPN.

His top 10 in no particular order: Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, Michigan, UNC, Florida, Tennessee, Duke, and N.C. State.

Also Juval Mollette, a four start wide receiver from Randleman, NC currently has UNC at the top of his list. Mollette is the 43rd ranked wide receiver in the country. Mollette is also said to be keen on Clemson, however Mollette's mother like's Carolina more. Mollette currently holds offers from Ohio State, Michigan, Ole Miss, Tennessee, West Virginia, Virginia Tech, Virginia, East Carolina, Duke, N.C. State, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest, and as previously mentioned; Clemson.

Snagging both Mollette and Roseboro would be huge on the in-state recruiting front.

I like Roseboro's game. Very solid prospect. I think UT is in great shape with him, but it's going to be a battle, as his top schools are all great choices. 

#13 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:52 PM

Keep us updated if you have any info.

Let me know who you are interested for info on... I can get ranking status, player interest, school offers, game stats for most of the players in NC. I focus more in Charlotte area but travel across southeast watching and talking with prospects. Many of games I attend will be more focused on University of North Carolina at Charlotte prospects for upcoming season.  

#14 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:40 PM

Let me know who you are interested for info on... I can get ranking status, player interest, school offers, game stats for most of the players in NC. I focus more in Charlotte area but travel across southeast watching and talking with prospects. Many of games I attend will be more focused on University of North Carolina at Charlotte prospects for upcoming season.  

I saw that Emmanuel McGirt from Hillside trimmed his list to Vanderbilt, N.C. State, Duke, Florida, LSU, South Carolina, Virginia Tech, and UNC. I'd be interested to see who he is leaning toward.

The second guy I'm interested in is Brian Chaffin from Charlotte Christian. He narrowed his list to UNC, NCSU, Duke, and Stanford. I'd like to know who he is leaning toward.

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 24 May 2014 - 05:43 PM.

#15 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:48 PM

I also saw that UNC picked up another commitment. 

This time from defensive tackle Aaron Crawford from Stone Bridge.

Crawford had offers from Duke, Maryland, UVA, ODU, VT, and WF. 

Crawford is rated a three star prospect by Scout, Rivals, and 24/7 sports... however he is not ranked by ESPN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com