Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Accelerated Maturation for Hardy

78 posts in this topic

Posted

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see this as a big deal. You can get charged with domestic violence quite easily nowadays.

Do you really believe this?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I guess I am in the minority but I believe:

1) He will not get that much punishment - community service and a 1 game suspension

2) His stock will not diminish

3) He will sign a massive contract somewhere besides Carolina (which would have been the case anyway)

Edited by Happy Panther

Posted

I've seen it happen with a buddy and his wife. They were screaming at each other in the yard, (obviously not sterling behavior) neighbors called the cops, and he spent the night in jail. This is the best possible scenario, of course it gets worse from there. I'm just pointing out, it might not be as bad as others are saying. I hope for his sake that's all it was.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I can vouch for this. Ex wife faked an injury to have me arrested for domestic violence out of spite and I had to go through hell to get my name cleared. Guilty until proven innocent is how it works. It's still on my record as being charged. The only way to know the truth is to read the trail transcripts. I'm not making light of domestic violence, just my experience in that situation.

Edit: corrected the charge. It was for domestic violence not assault. Had to look through my shyte to find the papers. Tried to forget the hell I went through so forgive me if I got the charge wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Edited by Bogart
4 people like this

Posted

If I were Richardson, DG, and Rivera I would All go down to the jailhouse and have a talk with him right there in the cell before he is released. See where His head is at.

...not quite how it works, but I get your point.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Posted

Assault is the threat of physical violence, with the apparent ability to do harm.

Battery is if actual physical contact/harm is done.

Obviously GH has the ability to harm, so if he was threatening the female, it's simple assault. So if you tell your wife, girlfriend, or significant other that you are going to beat their ass, whether you mean it or not you are guilty of assault.

Posted

I really hope it's not as bad as it sounds, but we will most likely never know the extent of what actually occurred. That's a big man. Scary for most guys, not to mention a small woman.

Posted

Told you we should've sent to Oakland.

Oakland offered us a trade for Hardy?

When did this happen?

What did they offer?

Posted

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see this as a big deal. You can get charged with domestic violence quite easily nowadays.

Is that so?

I've beenon this good Earth for over 51 rotations around the Sun and have never known a single person charged or convicted of domestic violence.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Oakland offered us a trade for Hardy?

When did this happen?

What did they offer?

They didnt. People think you trade a player by simply sending your guy to them regardless of the other team's offer or cooperation.

If he is cleared of this no big deal....if not I expect him to be released. If he really assaulted her then its a big deal.

Edited by csx
1 person likes this

Posted

Is that so?

I've beenon this good Earth for over 51 rotations around the Sun and have never known a single person charged or convicted of domestic violence.

Good for you. I'm 43 and I do. What does that prove exactly?

Posted

Good for you. I'm 43 and I do. What does that prove exactly?

That its not "common" as you purport it to be.