Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jakob

Recapping What We Know After Greg Hardy’s First Court Appearance (BBR)

106 posts in this topic

As claimed afterward by Hardy’s accuser’s lawyer, and the details included in the restraining order filed against Hardy, my main emotion is sadness. 

We have no idea yet who is telling the truth. It’s a he said/she said, and it’s sad that two young lives are now in the spotlight for this.

Yes, this could ultimately affect the Panthers. It could certainly affect Hardy. But more importantly, this is a story with two sides, and it’s sad that whoever is telling the truth will be so affected by whoever is lying.

There are many details, accusations, assumptions and rumors flying around, so let’s break it all down into what we know as of Wednesday afternoon.

WHAT WE KNOW
  • Early Tuesday morning, after he was seen at a Charlotte nightclub, Hardy held an after party at his uptown condominium. Two of the attendees were his girlfriend, named in court as Nicole Holder, and his friend, Sammy Curtis.
  • At 4:18 a.m., Charlotte Mecklenburg police received a domestic violence call from Hardy’s condominium. Police responded to the call and filed an incident report. In the report, police describe minor scratches and bruises on the 24-year-old Holder. She refused treatment.

Credits to Black and Blue Review click for more

http://blackandbluereview.com/recapping-know-greg-hardys-first-court-appearance/

1 person likes this

I don't think hardy did anything if hardy had "done that to her" why in the hell would she be calling Curtis wanting to talk to hardy and why would she not check herself into a hospital after that it's all bs to me release the kraken

3 people like this

It's still all he said she said i've seen cases where women intentionally harm themselves and inflict bruises to appear as a victim. 

3 people like this

Sad, ugly story all around.

1 person likes this

Jesus. If any of this is true on Hardy's part then he is in deep poo. 

I don't think hardy did anything if hardy had "done that to her" why in the hell would she be calling Curtis wanting to talk to hardy and why would she not check herself into a hospital after that it's all bs to me release the kraken

Also why the fug didn't she tell the CMPD about the guns that night? 

1 person likes this

I do believe that Hardy pushed her or threw her onto the bed with guns. Seems too specific to not be true. But I am sure they were screaming at each other and Hardy lost his temper. He probably had his friend hold her down while he called the cops because she threatened to do the same and Hardy wanted to beat her to the punch. Sounds like a volatile relationship between two off-kilter people to me. I see a settlement out of court as the only plausible end result. 

1 person likes this

This is a whole lotta bad no matter which way you spin it.

This is a whole lotta bad no matter which way you spin it.

Pretty much.  Hardy's life is changed forever, no matter what happens next.

If he's guilty of any of this, how do you bring him back to a locker room?

What do you say to a teammate whose life has been affected by domestic violence in some way?

It's an incredibly difficult situation.

• Topics

• Calvin Pryor sucks he's getting cut at some point they just drafted two guys that can disguise their blitz looks as both Maye and Adams can do a lot of the same things. Jets safety's are going to be beastly, and it's not like their front is bad either with Richardson and Wilkerson but I don't even know who is playing QB for them
    • Some of you may remember that I'm a banjo player and studying classical guitar and music composition at East Carolina University. This was my senior year and for my senior composition recital I composed a 40 minute chamber opera. I heavily borrowed from traditional folk songs from The Anthology of American Folk Music (good composers borrow, great composers steal - Igor Stravinsky). The idea was original to be about a 20 minute telling of the story from The House Carpenter, but after researching the history of the ballad, I decided to do a telling of the Scottish Daemon Lover version of the story and mix elements of other ballads into the story. I used a lot of melodies from the ballads that I used, though a lot of times you'll have words from one ballad, mixed with the melody from another. It's a large thing so I'm giving a link to download it from dropbox. I hope some of you are interested enough to listen. If you're not, who can blame you, move along and enjoy your day. The Daemon Lover Below is a description of each scene. Act 1
      Scene 1
      The House Carpenter is building a cabin in the mountains win a demon comes to see him. He says he must give himself or one of his family as a sacrifice. The House Carpenter says to take his wife, because she has no ability to make money for their children. Scene 2
      Jane Reynolds is alone at him and tells the story of her long lost love, James Harris. The House Carpenter returns home and tells her that he has to go out of town on a business trip. Jane Reynolds tries to convince him to stay, but she is unsuccessful. Scene 3
      Jane Reynolds is alone at home when the demon comes to fetch her disguised as her lost love, James Harris. He convinces her to go away with him and leave her children with the House Carpenter. Act 2
      Scene 1
      Less than 2 weeks later the demon and Jane Reynolds are at sea. Jane Reynolds begins to have second thoughts about leaving her family for James Harris. The demon grows tired of this and reveals himself to her. Scene 2
      The House Carpenter is living with deep regret for what he’s done to Jane Reynolds. He reveals that she is a witch, and if he hangs himself the spell the demon has on her will be lifted. The House Carpenter hangs himself. Scene 3
      After the House Carpenter hangs himself, Jane Reynolds can feel her witchcraft return to her. She makes the demon a mortal man and punctures the boat. The boat sinks and Janes Reynolds and the demon drown at sea. Below are the program notes for the piece When I was fifteen my Grandfather pulled a banjo down from his attic and told me if I could learn to play it I could have it. A few years later I discovered The Anthology of American Folk Music edited by Harry Smith. The music contained on those six CDs opened my eyes to an “old, weird America” that I had no idea even existed. I learned how to play and sing every ballad on it, and it was these songs that gave me confidence to major in music. I’ve felt for the last couple years that the deeper I get into classical theory and technique, the further I’m getting away from these folk songs that have been so important to me. This chamber opera is my attempt to reconnect a little bit with some of these ballads. “The Daemon Lover” is a traditional Scottish ballad that is known as “The House Carpenter” in America. The story in this opera is basically that song, with a few story elements added that come from other folk songs. These songs include “The Old Lady and the Devil, Butcher’s Boy, The Cuckoo, Omie Wise, and The Drunkard’s Special. The melodies are also taken from folk songs, though often the words are taken from one folk song and sung with the melody of another one.