#1 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,575 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:23 PM

Here is another interview with the Ealys. Not to be confused with this one, http://www.carolinah...?hl=+kony +ealy, which is also nice.

#2 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:29 PM

Uh! Schein...

#3 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,354 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg Manitoba Canada

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

I picked up the latest issue of Sports Illustrated because Mike Trout was on the cover (huge Angels fan) anyway I hadn't opened it until my flight home on Monday. In it was a 3 page article on Kony. It basically talks about the same thing that was posted here the other day (Fox Sports Feature). Anyway, Kony seems like an awesome kid and the exact kind of guy Gettleman wants on this team.

However, when watching cut ups and highlights on Ealy nothing really jumps out at me and I haven't been "wow'd" by anything Ealy has done. Many had a first round grade on him, what am I missing? I've seen most of his games and have gone back and watched the cut ups more than once.

His 3 cone time is very impressive and he improved his 40 time at his pro day by a large margin.

#4 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:31 PM

I picked up the latest issue of Sports Illustrated because Mike Trout was on the cover (huge Angels fan) anyway I hadn't opened it until my flight home on Monday. In it was a 3 page article on Kony. It basically talks about the same thing that was posted here the other day (Fox Sports Feature). Anyway, Kony seems like an awesome kid and the exact kind of guy Gettleman wants on this team.

However, when watching cut ups and highlights on Ealy nothing really jumps out at me and I haven't been "wow'd" by anything Ealy has done. Many had a first round grade on him, what am I missing? I've seen most of his games and have gone back and watched the cut ups more than once.

His 3 cone time is very impressive and he improved his 40 time at his pro day by a large margin.

You can't see what you're not looking for. What are you expecting to jump at you?

#5 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,937 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

*free fua likes to pretend he has scouting talent*

#6 Bogart

Bogart

Village Idiot

• ALL-PRO
  • 606 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

He's a raw talent that needs coached up but he has skills no doubt. A year of NFL coaching and some in game experience and you will see if he has what it takes to be a top DE in the league. He will contribute this year but don't expect him to be a world beater this season.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#7 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 13,725 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:38 PM

experience as a pro football talent scout?

#8 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,354 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:44 PM

You can't see what you're not looking for. What are you expecting to jump at you?

Just worried about the way Greg Robinson and Jake Matthews man handled him. Those are NFL caliber LT's. Really like Kony, and hoping he pans out but I do have my concerns.

#9 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,354 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

*free fua likes to pretend he has scouting talent*

Was a simple question.

On a side note, nice to see you're capable of making a sober post.

#10 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,317 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:48 PM

Just worried about the way Greg Robinson and Jake Matthews man handled him. Those are NFL caliber LT's. Really like Kony, and hoping he pans out but I do have my concerns.

Mayock raved about Ealy in those games and said they were his best of the season. Matthews said he was the toughest he ever faced.

What are you looking at?

Edited by fieryprophet, 14 May 2014 - 06:48 PM.

#11 CelibatePimp

CelibatePimp

BAMF

• HUDDLER
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:55 PM

Getting under Jake Matthews' skin isn't an easy task.

The former Texas A&M left tackle and soon-to-be first-round NFL draft pick keeps an even keel on the field and frustrates opponents with every tool a pass protector needs: size, athleticism and technique. But on the last night of college football's regular season last year, it was Missouri defensive end Kony Ealy doing the frustrating.

Ealy's stat line against the Aggies was strong if not spectacular (four tackles, one for loss, and a quarterback hurry), but he played well enough to draw Matthews' praise when asked about his toughest assignment.

"I thought Kony Ealy was really good at Missouri," Matthews said. "Real aggressive. Big and strong. Mixed up his pash-rush moves real well.

http://www.nfl.com/n...s-jake-matthews

#12 *FreeFua*

*FreeFua*

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,354 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:03 PM

http://www.nfl.com/n...s-jake-matthews

Thanks, was going to go and look for the quote.

Ealy wasn't always lined up against Matthews. Ealy beat Matthews on consecutive plays at the 11:30 and 11:24 marks in the second quarter. I can see how he gave Matthews fits, Ealy tossed him to the ground in third. But Matthews did do a good job on him when his assignment was Ealy.

http://draftbreakdow...-missouri-2013/

#13 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,853 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:19 PM

Great interview.

Still hate Schein.

#14 FearTheCats

FearTheCats

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 14 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

And some people question his character, smh. After reading the SI article and watching this interview he seems to be very mature and a really nice kid. Kony seems like the type of player that will never stop working to get better, easy to see why Gettleman wanted him so much.

#15 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,900 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:06 PM

I think the pick was also on potential. I've posted the same thing I didn't see anything pop off the screen when I watched some clips. The dude has a ridiculous initial burst a la star and kk and never gives up on plays.

I think gettleman sees big potential with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com