Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Corey "Philly" Brown a name to watch

41 posts in this topic

Posted

The most important thing you need to know about Philly Brown is that he is not a fan of being called Philly Brown.

Would he prefer 'Upper Darby' Brown? Sign him and I bet he won't care what you call him.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey Stirs,

Why do you say it is puzzling? Just curious of your comment. I think he could make the roster. He is fast and has nice wiggle for possible special team help. I think he could create mismatches in the slot. Most of our receivers now are big boys, so I think there is a place for him.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/user/608-phillyb/

Tongue firmly in cheek

nothing to do with the player, hope he is exciting

1 person likes this

Posted

Love him!!!!

I expect him to compete with King and McNutt for a spot on this team.

Posted

I think Tiquan Underwood ends up with a shot at returning tpp.  Ran a 4.31 and returned kicks in Jax.

1 person likes this

Posted

After the Joe Adams debacle I think we are due for a legit threat in the return game.

2 people like this

Posted

This Philly B obsession around here is puzzling to say the least

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/boards/user/608-phillyb/

Tongue firmly in cheek

nothing to do with the player, hope he is exciting

Philly B (the huddler) is a real life Indiana Jones, so uh yea he is the man 

Posted

With our offense this year we are really going to need strong special teams play. Ginn was huge for us as far as field position..allowing our (mostly) anemic offense to at least get in position to put up points. Brown looks like Ginn when he runs. His legs don't look quite as long and probably doesn't have quite as much straight line speed but he looks like he doesn't waste time dancing when he gets it, which bodes well for his ability. OSU players are taught about as well as anyone in the country at running routes and running on ST. I think he'll make the roster. 

Posted

At his size Allen would need to be a physical freak of nature to play linebacker in the NFL, but he isn't. The guy weighs 218 pounds and may not get any larger.

I think you will see the Panthers trying him out at Safety where he could provide some interesting benefit especially on running downs and blitz packages.

Allen played what State calls the "Joker" position. Just like a lot of teams that use this position the player is a cross between a S, and a LB. Most think of it as a Safety in the box type player. So moving him to Safety would make a lot of sense.

As a State fan, I don't care where they play him. Just good to see one of us on the team.

The one with speed is a given. Folks go goo goo over speed.

As for the other one? Your guess is as good as any. Most times I can't even understand what he is trying to say. Is it humor? Is it sarcasm? Is is some form of san script? Dude just puzzles me no end. And what is the obsession with dirt?

Posted

Every time I watch this kids highlights he reminds me of Golden Tate

Posted

He's a pretty cool guy that travels the world, what's not to like?

Posted

Don't we go through this every year with a udfa wr? Supposed to be the next best thing and always fails?

Posted

Waiting for us to sign a guy with the last name Frash

1 person likes this