Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thal

Manziel mania: Why the phenomenon?

185 posts in this topic

Some of you guys have some serious insecurities when it comes to other young Quarterbacks with star power.

You mean like how nobody was talking about Manziel on here until someone created a thread saying they wished people would stop talking about Manziel?

Yeah... :lol:

It's ridiculous how insecure some people seem to be.  Anytime another young quarterback starts getting attention they think they somehow have to rush to Cam's defense.

Newsflash guys: Cam isn't lessened or threatened in any way by the fact that there are other good young quarterbacks out there. 

You guys who think you're defending him with stuff like this are actually showing a lot more insecurity and a lot less confidence in Newton than those who hear something positive said about another QB and think nothing of it (hint: because it doesn't matter).

Loads of guys get attention based on potential.  Every year there's all kinds of hoopla about the new class of quarterbacks.  Sometimes it's deserved.  Most times it isn't.  Regardless, that attention fades away if they don't actually do something with it (like say, winning a Super Bowl).

They'll either prove it or they won't.  Till then, all discussion about them is just meaningless speculation.

For the record, I don't believe Manziel is going to be a great pro.  I think he's going to be a total bust.  But as to the fact that he's getting a lot of attention right now because he's the shiny new toy in the toybox and lots of sports fans love brash, cocky young quarterbacks?

So what? :rolleyes:

1 person likes this

If he was 220 + lbs, then he would stand a chance.

180?

He won't survive one season healthy.

:lol: ........

no seriously :lol:

So apparently to you having 4.68 40 yard dash is fast 

For the record, I don't believe Manziel is going to be a great pro.  I think he's going to be a total bust.  But as to the fact that he's getting a lot of attention right now because he's the shiny new toy in the toybox and lots of sports fans love brash, cocky young quarterbacks?

So what? :rolleyes:

People bashed Cam for the same exact thing

Now Manziel comes in and gets a pass

fuging typical

Because of this...

The-Middle-s01e09-Siblings-425x239.jpg

Obviously Johnny Football is able to live in two different bodies at once and be marginally successful in two different mediums at the same time.

marginally

connor shaw will be the future of the browns. I think he is tougher than Johnny Football... and you know linebackers are waiting to knock his block off.

connor shaw will be the future of the browns. I think he is tougher than Johnny Football... and you know linebackers are waiting to knock his block off.

Shaw doesn't have the arm strength to be a starter in the NFL. Not to mention the guy is as injury prone as a QB can be. He took a beating at SC - ask any duke basketball fan that and they'll tell you the same thing. 

I heard that Shaw had inspirations of being an Army Ranger. Don't blame him for pursuing his NFL dream first. He's easy to root for. 

His INT are way lower than Johnny.. Has never lost a home game. Stronger, faster than Johnny.. look at the combine. 

If Johnny goes down I think Shaw takes his time to shine.

I think shaw will be the Browns qb sooner rather than later

He is a tough son of a bitch and works extremely hard

Is it true that ESPN analysts get paid every time they mention his name?

1 person likes this

Is it true that ESPN analysts get paid every time they mention his name?

I am willing to bet it

The Manziel-ESPN marriage is becoming nauseating 

1 person likes this

I am willing to bet it

The Manziel-ESPN marriage is becoming nauseating

Here is a fancy idea. Stop watching Espn? The reason they keep on talking about him is he is draws in ratings. Meaning people like hearing about him. Quit crying you girl

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle