Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thal

Manziel mania: Why the phenomenon?

163 posts in this topic

Here's the opinion I've formed based on limited information, "Manziel is a spoiled rich white dude who acts like an entitled prick."

Is there counter evidence out there? I didn't like Cam initially either, but watching one video of him interacting with kids won me over.

I'm willing to be proven wrong about Johnny, but nobody has given me information to change my opinion.

Also I'm not even going to speculate on his NFL career. Nobody knows at this point.

Rich? Sure

Spoiled? Yea

White dude? Check

Entitled? No. Unless you have some alternate definition of entitled I've never heard before.

Hanging out with rap stars and spraying champagne at a Vegas club just means he likes to party.

Unless he starts doing illegal stuff, or he plays poorly, I don't get all the hate. I wanted him to fail at A&M last season because he comes off like a DBag.

But his teammates love him, he apparently works very hard off the field and has an incredible competitive drive.

Rich? Sure

Spoiled? Yea

White dude? Check

Entitled? No. Unless you have some alternate definition of entitled I've never heard before.

Hanging out with rap stars and spraying champagne at a Vegas club just means he likes to party.

Unless he starts doing illegal stuff, or he plays poorly, I don't get all the hate. I wanted him to fail at A&M last season because he comes off like a DBag.

But his teammates love him, he apparently works very hard off the field and has an incredible competitive drive.

I think you just reinforced my opinion. Smitty was a dbag at times too, but he also literally washed the feet of people less fortunate. Anything like that in Johnny boy's story? I'm looking for reason to like the kid, but partying hard doesn't do it for me.

Manziel is the new "Golden Calf"

I like the kid personally but the media hype is out of control.

He is an average talent hyped way beyond his threshold

I feel ya. He's Skip Bayless' new baby!!

Is it true that ESPN analysts get paid every time they mention his name?

Well, NFLN analysts must be getting paid too! Killing me with this kid.

Like him or not, the kid has done some pretty amazing things on the field.

There is no question that the college game slowed down for him.

Whether or not the NFL game slows down for him is yet to be seen.

I hardly pay attention to media outlets anymore, so the "mania" part is really inconsequential to me.  I personally think he's exciting and I look forward to seeing how he does in the NFL.  I hope it works out for Cleveland.