#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,946 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 16 May 2014 - 11:49 PM

Well, just as the title says... the Atlantic Coast Conference will be testing out the 30 second shot clock during the preseason and exhibition games. The 30 second shot clock will just be used on experimental basis for this year (preseason), but it could become the way of life in college basketball in future years.

Personally, I think this is a great idea and I applaud the coaches for getting this done and commissioner Swofford for listening to the coaches.

#2 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

I like it. I'd love to see it going down to 25 seconds.

WIth the new anti flopping rules, a potentially shortened shot clock, and willingness from the refs to not be bullied by ratface  - these Lehigh/Mercer upsets may become a yearly thing for the "football school" up in Durham. 

#3 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

30 seconds would be perfect IMO. The lowest should be 28. Hell even women use 30.

#4 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,975 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

DON'T LIKE IT

#5 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

If you're a Heels fan and you don't like this idea you have no concept of Tar Heels basketball in my opinion.

The Heels want to run and shortening the shot clock will help them. Plus how many times have you seen them play great defense for 32 seconds but make a mental lapse at the end resulting in points for the other team. 35 seconds is just too long, I agree with my friend above; 30 seconds would be perfect and 28 wouldn't be bad either.

Edited by CarolinaPanthers8789, 19 May 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#6 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

yup shortened shot clock would certainly help UNC's quick, fast paced offense. It would also be a disadvantage to certain teams that just want to run 4-5 screens each possession while the crybaby coach whines and whines to the officials. 

#7 heel31ok

heel31ok

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,975 posts
  • LocationEasley, SC

Posted 19 May 2014 - 04:28 PM

If you're a Heels fan and you don't like this idea you have no concept of Tar Heels basketball in my opinion.

The Heels want to run and shortening the shot clock will help them. Plus how many times have you seen them play great defense for 32 seconds but make a mental lapse at the end resulting in points for the other team. 35 seconds is just too long, I agree with my friend above; 30 seconds would be perfect and 28 wouldn't be bad either.

it makes for bad BB that is why the NBA sucks and now college will move towards suck too.

#8 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,946 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

it makes for bad BB that is why the NBA sucks and now college will move towards suck too.

It's only for preseason and it probably will make for some bad basketball at the lower level but these teams with capable NBA player should be able to handle it, and will have to be able to handle it if they want to make the jump.

#9 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:10 PM

I agree w/ you that the NBA sucks - but it ain't because of the shot clock.

The officiating is geared towards the league's money makers and the league shoves it's agenda down your throat with the help of the national media. Not to mention the several times Charlotte and smaller market teams have been f*cked over by the league.  I really hope dookie Adam Silver is going to be a breath of fresh air like he's been advertised but I'm sure it's still going to be the same old NBA with the same old BS. He'll conform if the price is right. 

College basketball officiating is horrible, too. But longer possession clocks slows the game down and contributes to bad officiating IMHO. 

Edited by 4Corners, 19 May 2014 - 07:11 PM.

#10 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,634 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

Will there be paper classes in the AFAM studies department at UNC to teach the 30 second clock?

#11 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:46 PM

Will there be paper classes in the AFAM studies department at UNC to teach the 30 second clock?

I sense a little racism in your attempt at humor.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#12 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,634 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:10 AM

I sense a little racism in your attempt at humor.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

I sense little humor in your attempt to paint me as a racist.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com