Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smitty was such a freak

76 posts in this topic

Posted

If you read my posts you'd see "the only way I'm not rooting for Baltimore is if they're up against Carolina" quite awhile back. Not sure how you missed it. Pretty clear I want the Panthers to win more than the Ravens.

Are you going to buy a jersey for your "second favorite team"? 

Posted

my fandom has been questioned because i won't root for a player on another team? poo just got real.

lol

1 person likes this

Posted

We will probably be run heavy again this year. Our receivers will have to keep the safeties out of the box. We can and will still win this year because of our freakish defense.

Run how, and with whom (D'Angelo and Stewart)??

You don't think the Panthers bought in these new receivers and drafted Benjamin to balance off the offense, especially the big plays (that were sorely missing from the previous 2 years) as well as on third downs? And remember, Tolbert can catch out of the backfield, but was somehow underutilized for half the first half of the season, because the team kept believing in D'Angelo and Stewart. 

Last year was last year. Now let's see what happens this upcoming season. I bet we'll see some tweaks, changes. 

It can't be the same. 

Posted

Steve's a lock for HOF if he gets in the top 10 in catches and yards. His playoff stats and averages all rank among the best of all time.

I'm not going to follow the Ravens, but would I be pissed if they won against anyone but us? No.

Posted

Not being pissed is not the same as cheering for the Ravens to win. It's basically just another way of saying you're also indifferent. 

Posted

I would love for Smith to get a championship, I just wish it was with the Panthers. I don't think he should have been cut. He was loyal to the Panthers when the cards were down and he could have taken his goods to a team that was competing. I'm over it now but that doesn't change my opinion of the situation.

Posted

Not rooting for Bmore, but I will be keeping an eye on how Smitty is doing.

I don't think some realize how much of an anomaly he was. There is no way he should have been able to do what he did at his size in this sport. No way. And his best years were during a time when DBs could actually hit WRs after the catch, and bump them off the line.

We may never see another like him - ever. Glitch in the Matrix.

Hope Smitty falls flat on his face this season to prove that we made the right move letting him go.

1 person likes this

Posted

Smith does not care for Carolina anymore so why should I care about him? He has done nothing but take jabs at us since he has left.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would love for Smith to get a championship, I just wish it was with the Panthers. I don't think he should have been cut. He was loyal to the Panthers when the cards were down and he could have taken his goods to a team that was competing. I'm over it now but that doesn't change my opinion of the situation.

He was loyal to the Panthers when Hurney gave him a huge contract. Before then he was looking to get out. 

Please let's not turn this into a thread about whether the decision to cut Steve was the right one or not. 

Posted

Lol, never fails, every thread on the huddle ends up as a "who's got the biggest dick" contest. Whether it's "I'm a bigger/better/realer fan than you and this is why!", or "I'm smarter and richer than you, no matter how many valid arguments you bring to the table, you're just wrong and being jealous of my success!"

A lot of people around here really put off the arrogant, "my poo doesn't stink", kind of attitude, especially if you aren't in the "inner circle" of huddlers....you know, the ones who make a post on almost every topic, especially if it's a "controversial" one, proceeds to pick out and start a flame war with a poster who doesn't agree with them, and eventually their final argument will be one declaring how great they and their life is, listing examples of their achievements and goals personal belongings to prove how awesome every one on an internet forum should think they are, and at the same time contradicting themselves with a statement about how they don't have time for this on an internet forum.

I think that's why there are so many trolls here, they've realized it's impossible to talk to a lot of you, because most users without thousands of posts are constantly put down for having any opinion that deviates from the majority, or all but ignored unless you are a power player, even when you agree.

But back on topic, I'm a huge Carolina Panthers fan and a Steve Smith fan, fug what y'all think, and I will root for both, except on that fateful Sunday that he promised blood and guts. On that Sunday, I shall pour out some of my 40 in remembrance of all the things he did for us, and also in anticipation of the carnage that our D is going to cause.

Sent from my LG-US780 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

3 people like this

Posted

Smith does not care for Carolina anymore so why should I care about him? He has done nothing but take jabs at us since he has left.

I mean Deangelo has done the same thing this offseason yet he's still on the roster. So do you love the guy until he leaves just because?

Posted

I don't pay much attention to players once they leave my team. But yeah, Smitty is different. I will be rooting for him to have a great year, except against us, make the playoffs, and do well.

You folks with your snarky, I'm a Panther fan, not a player fan, are just nuts. If you don't care what Smitty does from here on out, you are kidding yourself. The first Panther player with a legit shot at the HOF and because he isn't a Panther anymore, "I don't give a crap". Yeah right.

If the Ravens win the Superbowl Steve Smith won't be MVP. He's not even their #1 reciever. It's not 2005 anymore, he's on his way out of the leauge. He'll be a role player at best in Baltimore.

This guy is leading the pack for the Smitty ain't shiit no more brigade. You can still be a Panther fan, homer, wear your glasses, and still care what Smitty does.

2 people like this