Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smitty was such a freak

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

It's become the trendy thing to do around here to poo on Steve Smith. I'm not rooting for Baltimore though, period.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I mean Deangelo has done the same thing this offseason yet he's still on the roster. So do you love the guy until he leaves just because?

I don't love any player. I do however support the ones on my team. That's why I'm a fan because I support a team.

Posted · Report post

I hope so. Offense always looks better when we're running and doing play action.

K. I don't really get what this has to do with him balling out five years ago which is what the thread is about.

You bet your ass I'm rooting for Baltimore. Only way I'm not is if they're up against Carolina. Are you people this bitter towards the guy?

Steve Smith was the best WR in 2005. That's only one freaking year. Besides that he was never anywhere near the best WR in the league.

Posted · Report post

Steve Smith was the best WR in 2005. That's only one freaking year. Besides that he was never anywhere near the best WR in the league.

Gee I wonder who this new poster could possibly be...

Posted · Report post

The Panthers made the right decision. It's time to give the young blood some play, without an overbearing vet/fan favorite getting in the way. Plus Smitty wasn't very good at mentoring the young guys. He's just too, competitive. Like to a huge fault.

With all that said, he plays the game like it should be played. A bunch of bad mofos going head to head. Ready to fight at a moment's notice - literally and figuratively.

I love his passion for the game, and that doesn't change just because he's on another team. If he somehow loses that passion, and decides to just go through the motions, then I may lose interest.

I think his refusal to mentor young WR's was one of the biggest factors of why he is gone.

We had to put some young guys with Cam...and we needed good locker ion vets to mentor them .

Smitty said public ally on numerous occasions that he was not interested in mentoring and developing young WR's.

Posted · Report post

It's become the trendy thing to do around here to poo on Steve Smith. I'm not rooting for Baltimore though, period.

Not shitting on him. He has moved on and so have I.

Posted · Report post

Run how, and with whom (D'Angelo and Stewart)??

You don't think the Panthers bought in these new receivers and drafted Benjamin to balance off the offense, especially the big plays (that were sorely missing from the previous 2 years) as well as on third downs? And remember, Tolbert can catch out of the backfield, but was somehow underutilized for half the first half of the season, because the team kept believing in D'Angelo and Stewart.

Last year was last year. Now let's see what happens this upcoming season. I bet we'll see some tweaks, changes.

It can't be the same.

Yes I think D Will and Stewart will be a big part of the offense. If one of them gets hurt Gaffney will pick up the slack. I agree that we need some tweaks, but don't forget our offensive line inside is probably better at run blocking than pass protection. Hopefully our D-line will whip them into shape so they can handle stunts and other exotic blitz packages. We are not going back to the days of Chud. I want more passing just as much as you but I doubt Cam throws for 4000 yards with our current group of receivers. It will take time for Benjamin.

Posted · Report post

Lol, never fails, every thread on the huddle ends up as a "who's got the biggest dick" contest. Whether it's "I'm a bigger/better/realer fan than you and this is why!", or "I'm smarter and richer than you, no matter how many valid arguments you bring to the table, you're just wrong and being jealous of my success!"

A lot of people around here really put off the arrogant, "my poo doesn't stink", kind of attitude, especially if you aren't in the "inner circle" of huddlers....you know, the ones who make a post on almost every topic, especially if it's a "controversial" one, proceeds to pick out and start a flame war with a poster who doesn't agree with them, and eventually their final argument will be one declaring how great they and their life is, listing examples of their achievements and goals personal belongings to prove how awesome every one on an internet forum should think they are, and at the same time contradicting themselves with a statement about how they don't have time for this on an internet forum.

I think that's why there are so many trolls here, they've realized it's impossible to talk to a lot of you, because most users without thousands of posts are constantly put down for having any opinion that deviates from the majority, or all but ignored unless you are a power player, even when you agree.

But back on topic, I'm a huge Carolina Panthers fan and a Steve Smith fan, fug what y'all think, and I will root for both, except on that fateful Sunday that he promised blood and guts. On that Sunday, I shall pour out some of my 40 in remembrance of all the things he did for us, and also in anticipation of the carnage that our D is going to cause.

Sent from my LG-US780 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Want to see my 250 acre ranch? I have horses and a huge house. And I didn't read all of your post because it's too long. When you have this massive dick it's to get distracted.

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted · Report post

I don't dislike the Ravens, but no way am I rooting for them or anybody on the team.

Posted · Report post

Not trying to argue but seriously, I cannot be the only person that roots for certain players no matter where they end up.  It seems like this thread is incredibly prone for the "i love this team, not the players on it." The team is made up of players that make memorable plays that we will never forget.  I don't get that logic. 

Posted · Report post

only read the first two pages but it seems like everyone is plugging their ears and saying "LA LA LA LA LA" instead of hearing what zithers is actually saying

Posted · Report post

he said he was balling out, no where in that post you quoted did he say he was the best in the league.

also, check out 2008. read the article he posted in his OP.

and while you're at it, look at the receivers who were considered the very best in the league at one point in time. that list is very short.