• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#16 tondi

tondi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

I hope Smitty blows up this year but I don't care if the Ravens win a single game.

#17 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:22 AM

imo, smith is just like any other player on any other team. i won't be wishing succes or failure for him....unless it's against us in which case he is the enemy and i wish no good for him. only pain, frustration, and a loss.

i am a panthers fan. not a player fan. and i am only a panthers fan. if he retires as a panther then i'm welcoming him back. until that day comes, he's just another guy on another team. no different from any other former panther player.

what he did here was great and he was my all time favorite panther, but he's now history. right now and going forward is what matters and i'm looking forward to seeing what this new era brings.

#18 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

I would love for him to make the HOF. It would be great to tailgate in Canton. But if the expense is having to root for a team other than the Panthers, it's not worth it.

If Smitty went to a NFC team would you be rooting for him to get to the Super Bowl? If he went to the Cowboys would you be rooting for him?

you're a very high strung person. i said i wouldn't root for the ravens to beat the panthers. calm down buddy. and you're kidding yourself if it comes down to ravens vs nfc team that isnt the panthers, you wouldn't be going for the ravens to see smitty win a ring.

If the Ravens win the Superbowl Steve Smith won't be MVP. He's not even their #1 reciever. It's not 2005 anymore, he's on his way out of the leauge. He'll be a role player at best in Baltimore.

strangers things have happened. like some guy named larry brown or dwight smith or malcolm smith winning MVP.

#19 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,110 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:28 AM

you're a very high strung person. i said i wouldn't root for the ravens to beat the panthers. calm down buddy. and you're kidding yourself if it comes down to ravens vs nfc team that isnt the panthers, you wouldn't be going for the ravens to see smitty win a ring.

strangers things have happened. like some guy named larry brown or dwight smith or malcolm smith winning MVP.

No...I'm actually not high strung at all. I just don't agree with your statement. In fact, no one who has posted after you has agreed with it. Do you have names to call them, too? I just call them real Panthers fans.

#20 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:34 AM

No...I'm actually not high strung at all. I just don't agree with your statement. In fact, no one who has posted after you has agreed with it. Do you have names to call them, too? I just call them real Panthers fans.

i dont care much for zod or rayzor or the guys with <5 posts so i mainly have the same thing to say to them as i do to you.

do you think colts fans just said "oh peyton manning is just a guy on another team now" and didn't want denver to win the big game after they were eliminated? that would seem an odd thing to think because of how much peyton meant to the colts for the past decade, being one of the best players of all-time and face of the franchise, much like smitty was for carolina. if anything, the indifference makes me question whether or not you're a real fan.

#21 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,110 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:38 AM

i dont care much for zod or rayzor or the guys with <5 posts so i mainly have the same thing to say to them as i do to you.

do you think colts fans just said "oh peyton manning is just a guy on another team now" and didn't want denver to win the big game after they were eliminated? that would seem an odd thing to think because of how much peyton meant to the colts for the past decade, being one of the best players of all-time and face of the franchise, much like smitty was for carolina. if anything, the indifference makes me question whether or not you're a real fan.

You keep changing your stance. First it was "I'm rooting for Baltimore", then it was "I'll check the scoreboard and be happy if they won", the it was "rooting for them in the SB if the Panthers are eliminated". Figure it out already....

So my loyalty to my team over any player makes you question whether or not I'm a real fan? Keep going with that thought... That makes tons of sense.

Edited by RoaringRiot, 17 May 2014 - 06:39 AM.

#22 PandaPancake

PandaPancake

#FireShula

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,781 posts
  • LocationGreeley, Co

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:01 AM

I'll recognize Missouri as a state before I root for Baltimore

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#23 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:04 AM

Kid is in over his head.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

#24 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:07 AM

You keep changing your stance. First it was "I'm rooting for Baltimore", then it was "I'll check the scoreboard and be happy if they won", the it was "rooting for them in the SB if the Panthers are eliminated". Figure it out already....

So my loyalty to my team over any player makes you question whether or not I'm a real fan? Keep going with that thought... That makes tons of sense.

If you read my posts you'd see "the only way I'm not rooting for Baltimore is if they're up against Carolina" quite awhile back. Not sure how you missed it. Pretty clear I want the Panthers to win more than the Ravens.

#25 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,110 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:09 AM

If you read my posts you'd see "the only way I'm not rooting for Baltimore is if they're up against Carolina" quite awhile back. Not sure how you missed it. Pretty clear I want the Panthers to win more than the Ravens.

Are you going to buy a jersey for your "second favorite team"? 

#26 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:22 AM

my fandom has been questioned because i won't root for a player on another team? poo just got real.

lol

#27 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,089 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:45 AM

We will probably be run heavy again this year. Our receivers will have to keep the safeties out of the box. We can and will still win this year because of our freakish defense.

Run how, and with whom (D'Angelo and Stewart)??

You don't think the Panthers bought in these new receivers and drafted Benjamin to balance off the offense, especially the big plays (that were sorely missing from the previous 2 years) as well as on third downs? And remember, Tolbert can catch out of the backfield, but was somehow underutilized for half the first half of the season, because the team kept believing in D'Angelo and Stewart. 

Last year was last year. Now let's see what happens this upcoming season. I bet we'll see some tweaks, changes. 

It can't be the same. 

Edited by FootballMaestro, 17 May 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#28 TN05

TN05

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationConover, North Carolina

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

Steve's a lock for HOF if he gets in the top 10 in catches and yards. His playoff stats and averages all rank among the best of all time.

I'm not going to follow the Ravens, but would I be pissed if they won against anyone but us? No.

#29 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,110 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

Not being pissed is not the same as cheering for the Ravens to win. It's basically just another way of saying you're also indifferent. 

#30 JSouth

JSouth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

I would love for Smith to get a championship, I just wish it was with the Panthers. I don't think he should have been cut. He was loyal to the Panthers when the cards were down and he could have taken his goods to a team that was competing. I'm over it now but that doesn't change my opinion of the situation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com