#31 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,506 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

Not rooting for Bmore, but I will be keeping an eye on how Smitty is doing.

I don't think some realize how much of an anomaly he was. There is no way he should have been able to do what he did at his size in this sport. No way. And his best years were during a time when DBs could actually hit WRs after the catch, and bump them off the line.

We may never see another like him - ever. Glitch in the Matrix.

Hope Smitty falls flat on his face this season to prove that we made the right move letting him go.

#32 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

Smith does not care for Carolina anymore so why should I care about him? He has done nothing but take jabs at us since he has left.

#33 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,167 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

I would love for Smith to get a championship, I just wish it was with the Panthers. I don't think he should have been cut. He was loyal to the Panthers when the cards were down and he could have taken his goods to a team that was competing. I'm over it now but that doesn't change my opinion of the situation.

He was loyal to the Panthers when Hurney gave him a huge contract. Before then he was looking to get out. 

Please let's not turn this into a thread about whether the decision to cut Steve was the right one or not. 

#34 KushMcDieselson

KushMcDieselson

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:27 AM

Lol, never fails, every thread on the huddle ends up as a "who's got the biggest dick" contest. Whether it's "I'm a bigger/better/realer fan than you and this is why!", or "I'm smarter and richer than you, no matter how many valid arguments you bring to the table, you're just wrong and being jealous of my success!"

A lot of people around here really put off the arrogant, "my poo doesn't stink", kind of attitude, especially if you aren't in the "inner circle" of huddlers....you know, the ones who make a post on almost every topic, especially if it's a "controversial" one, proceeds to pick out and start a flame war with a poster who doesn't agree with them, and eventually their final argument will be one declaring how great they and their life is, listing examples of their achievements and goals personal belongings to prove how awesome every one on an internet forum should think they are, and at the same time contradicting themselves with a statement about how they don't have time for this on an internet forum.

I think that's why there are so many trolls here, they've realized it's impossible to talk to a lot of you, because most users without thousands of posts are constantly put down for having any opinion that deviates from the majority, or all but ignored unless you are a power player, even when you agree.

But back on topic, I'm a huge Carolina Panthers fan and a Steve Smith fan, fug what y'all think, and I will root for both, except on that fateful Sunday that he promised blood and guts. On that Sunday, I shall pour out some of my 40 in remembrance of all the things he did for us, and also in anticipation of the carnage that our D is going to cause.

Sent from my LG-US780 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#35 setzer2030

setzer2030

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:29 AM

Smith does not care for Carolina anymore so why should I care about him? He has done nothing but take jabs at us since he has left.

I mean Deangelo has done the same thing this offseason yet he's still on the roster. So do you love the guy until he leaves just because?

#36 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,604 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

I don't pay much attention to players once they leave my team. But yeah, Smitty is different. I will be rooting for him to have a great year, except against us, make the playoffs, and do well.

You folks with your snarky, I'm a Panther fan, not a player fan, are just nuts. If you don't care what Smitty does from here on out, you are kidding yourself. The first Panther player with a legit shot at the HOF and because he isn't a Panther anymore, "I don't give a crap". Yeah right.

If the Ravens win the Superbowl Steve Smith won't be MVP. He's not even their #1 reciever. It's not 2005 anymore, he's on his way out of the leauge. He'll be a role player at best in Baltimore.

This guy is leading the pack for the Smitty ain't shiit no more brigade. You can still be a Panther fan, homer, wear your glasses, and still care what Smitty does.

#37 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,793 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:32 AM

imo, smith is just like any other player on any other team. i won't be wishing succes or failure for him....unless it's against us in which case he is the enemy and i wish no good for him. only pain, frustration, and a loss.

i am a panthers fan. not a player fan. and i am only a panthers fan. if he retires as a panther then i'm welcoming him back. until that day comes, he's just another guy on another team. no different from any other former panther player.

what he did here was great and he was my all time favorite panther, but he's now history. right now and going forward is what matters and i'm looking forward to seeing what this new era brings.

Hope Smitty falls flat on his face this season to prove that we made the right move letting him go.

A-fugin-men!!!!!

#38 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,167 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

You can still be a Panther fan, homer, wear your glasses, and still care what Smitty does.

Can't I do all of this and not root for the Ravens, too? 

#39 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

The Panthers made the right decision. It's time to give the young blood some play, without an overbearing vet/fan favorite getting in the way. Plus Smitty wasn't very good at mentoring the young guys. He's just too, competitive. Like to a huge fault. 

With all that said, he plays the game like it should be played. A bunch of bad mofos going head to head. Ready to fight at a moment's notice - literally and figuratively.

I love his passion for the game, and that doesn't change just because he's on another team. If he somehow loses that passion, and decides to just go through the motions, then I may lose interest. 

#40 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

Are you going to buy a jersey for your "second favorite team"? 

Despite by questionable loyalty, no, and... this might be another dent to my fanhood... sorry... but I have not purchased one since I got Julius Peppers' back in 2003... we're coming up on more embarrassing facts that might make me not a Panther fan by the way... but it was at Super Bowl XXXVIII... where I had second row seats and experienced the opportunity of seeing the inimitable, the amazing, the glorious, the hands down greatest player in Carolina Panther history... future Hall of Famer STEVE SMITH, score a touchdown right in front of my face!!!

74147_1605377447823_8167901_n.jpg

#41 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,167 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:46 AM

Despite by questionable loyalty, no, and... this might be another dent to my fanhood... sorry... but I have not purchased one since I got Julius Peppers' back in 2003... we're coming up on more embarrassing facts that might make me not a Panther fan by the way... but it was at Super Bowl XXXVIII... where I had second row seats and experienced the opportunity of seeing the inimitable, the amazing, the glorious, the hands down greatest player in Carolina Panther history... future Hall of Famer STEVE SMITH, score a touchdown right in front of my face!!!

74147_1605377447823_8167901_n.jpg

Awesome pic!

Who questioned whether or not you're a Panthers fan? 

#42 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 17 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

I fell in love with this game long before there was a professional Carolina football team. So, my interest in the game goes way beyond just the Panthers. This is one of the last games where men can just be a bunch of badasses, and it's not choreographed. Modern day gladiators. 

#43 KushMcDieselson

KushMcDieselson

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

Guess I'm old fashioned...or just loyal.

Do you have names to call them, too? I just call them real Panthers fans.

Who questioned whether or not you're a Panthers fan?

Just because you didn't use the words "You're not a real Panthers fan!" doesn't mean you didn't imply it. Every one with reading comprehension skills can see the shots you were taking at his "fandom", as it turns out, he was second row at our only super bowl appearance and it's all of a sudden "who was questioning you"? Lolz for days on the huddle.

#44 Haplo E

Haplo E

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:09 AM

It was good while it lasted. Nobody's entertained by what happened in the past.

#45 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,167 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:14 AM

Just because you didn't use the words "You're not a real Panthers fan!" doesn't mean you didn't imply it. Every one with reading comprehension skills can see the shots you were taking at his "fandom", as it turns out, he was second row at our only super bowl appearance and it's all of a sudden "who was questioning you"? Lolz for days on the huddle.

I never questioned whether or not he was a real Panthers fan. He's made it very clear that he is since his OP. Just because you would like to infer that I was taking a shot at his "fandom" doesn't mean you're right. I have no doubt that he's a Panthers fan. I've only disagreed with cheering for another team, regardless of which ex-Panthers play for them. And I still disagree with it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com