Soccer season 2014-2015

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#131 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:48 AM

The difference is, your bench cost more than their entire team. When you see an underdog, you at least want them to be near full strength.

It's really kind of remarkable that Atleti were able to win the league. It's easy to be an underdog for one match, but over the course of 38, it's pretty awesome.

But I'm still mostly just bitter at watching all these teams that buy their trophies. Because the team I cheer for wont ever be able to do that.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Don't tell them that... They think it's fair.

I'm cheering for Arsenal... unlike other sugar daddy teams, Arsenal made profit over the past 10 years selling players.

#132 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:49 AM

Manchester United no longer targeting Fabregas and that leaves only Arsenal as a desired club to sign creative midfielder. Looks like Fabregas to Arsenal is imminent. Fabregas would be a major upgrade over Arteta. If Madrid gets Suarez, I assume they will want to move Benzema. One problem... Giroud and Benzema do not want to be on the same team because both competing to be national team starters. So Arsenal will either have to move Giroud or pass on signing Benzema. I'd rather Arsenal move Giroud because Giroud is not a starting material in EPL.

Yea, I think they need to move on from Giroud. He's just not good enough.

#133 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:05 PM

Sounds like La Decima will actually fuel the desire to add Suarez and make the terrifying front line of Ronaldo, Bale and Suarez a reality. Success in the Champions League will give Flo the free reign to do whatever he wants and spend as much or as little as he wants this Summer. They'll be moves to counteract any additions, but RM could either see a huge turnover, one or two key moves, and hardly anything at all. Probably will be option B, with the key additions being Vidal and Suarez, and key departures Benzema, Khedira and possibly Isco ( :( :angry: )

Vidal
Pogba
Rakitic
Suarez

We'll get at least two of these guys. I really don't want Suarez at all. Like I said before, I'd be extremely happy in signing Mandzukic, Vidal and Rakitic this summer while keeping keeping our core and youth players in Di Maria, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo, Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Illarramendi, Xabi, Modric, Jese, Pepe, Casemiro and Coentrao.

#134 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:17 PM

The difference is, your bench cost more than their entire team. When you see an underdog, you at least want them to be near full strength.

It's really kind of remarkable that Atleti were able to win the league. It's easy to be an underdog for one match, but over the course of 38, it's pretty awesome.

But I'm still mostly just bitter at watching all these teams that buy their trophies. Because the team I cheer for wont ever be able to do that.

While costing more, our bench is/was inexperienced, injured, and/or ineffective. We payed a huge sum for Bale but he a horrific game last night did he not? Khedira was holding us back, Varane was nervous and unsure of himself and made errors left and right (despite having a solid second half), Illarramendi was rendered useless, etc. The point is while our franchise paid a substantial amount for some of these guys to be sitting on the bench or starting, it didn't particularly pay off, right? At this point, we're riding on potential, and last night the dollar sign was leveled with strategy not more money.

#135 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationnyc
HUDDLER

Posted 25 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

Plus I think because CL is on week days not many people follow it. EPL is on weekends.

The UCL is only not that Big in the US.It's pretty much the #1 thing everywhere else.

The BPL has done a great job of marketing itself around the world, inculding the US, which played a huge part in it being probably the most popular/well known league here in the US.

If you were on Twitter, you say how most of the sports world around the globe was into the game. Will be interesting to see the ratings here.

• C47 PIE'd this

#136 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

Anyone know when the champion jerseys go on sale? I always find myself late to the party. I'm tired of Barca and Bayern fans rocking theirs after all.

#137 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:12 PM

While us Real fans are still celebrating La Decima, it appears management is already eyeing the next one. Rakitic and Vidal are said to be priority targets this summer, and Vidal apparently is quite 'flattered' in being pursued by Los Galacticos. We'll see what happens in a few weeks, I suppose.

#138 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:15 PM

Arsene Wenger comments on Benzema:

Real Madrid striker “could play his last game for Real Madrid today” and that he’s “sure [Benzema] will play in the Premier League one day.”

Did Wenger just dropped a hint?  

#139 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationSouth Florida
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

Wenger better pony up. Benzema isn't gonna come cheap. I don't want to lose him but in the grand scheme of things if we're gonna lose someone, Benzema would cause the least amount of damage as oppose to losing Varane, Isco, Jese, Carvajal, Di Maria, etc. We're gonna lose one or two players this summer on our pursuit of Pogba, Vidal, Rakitic and/or Suarez anyways.

I think we might send Morata on loan however.

#140 ARSEN

ARSEN

Banned

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:08 AM

Wenger better pony up. Benzema isn't gonna come cheap. I don't want to lose him but in the grand scheme of things if we're gonna lose someone, Benzema would cause the least amount of damage as oppose to losing Varane, Isco, Jese, Carvajal, Di Maria, etc. We're gonna lose one or two players this summer on our pursuit of Pogba, Vidal, Rakitic and/or Suarez anyways.

I think we might send Morata on loan however.

Wenger will never overpay or pay market value. He gets his players below cost. Sorry to break it to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users