Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Corey "Philly" Brown our Victor Cruz

67 posts in this topic

Posted

No

Posted

I feel he will be our needle in a haystack.

BiggTazz#16

Posted

He's no Darvin Adams or that Green guy everyone was raving about

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

We were spoiled last year in finding UDFA to actually contribute. Not to mention get some starts out of guys like Lester and White. I'd run to Atlanta and punch Matt Ryan in his sack if we were to find an impact level guy like Cruz this year from an UDFA...but I highly doubt it's going to happen with a guy who didn't stand out that much this weekend. 

Side note, we've found some decent guys from the UDFA pool the past few years...but have we ever found an offensive skill position guy worth a damn? Everyone had a hard on for B.Williams last year, but he couldn't find the field and could be doubtful to make the roster this year. I can't remember a WR or RB making too much noise either. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't see victor cruz....look like a jack of all trades but a master of none.

Posted

He looked OK yesterday. In all honesty he reminded me mostly of Armanti Edwards.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

So you are saying we should give him a shot at QB?

Posted

We were spoiled last year in finding UDFA to actually contribute. Not to mention get some starts out of guys like Lester and White. I'd run to Atlanta and punch Matt Ryan in his sack if we were to find an impact level guy like Cruz this year from an UDFA...but I highly doubt it's going to happen with a guy who didn't stand out that much this weekend.

Side note, we've found some decent guys from the UDFA pool the past few years...but have we ever found an offensive skill position guy worth a damn? Everyone had a hard on for B.Williams last year, but he couldn't find the field and could be doubtful to make the roster this year. I can't remember a WR or RB making too much noise either.

What a buzz kill. Why derail the thread with rational thoughts. Everything was working so well.

Posted

Just the same size and speed. Didn't really stand out at anything but wasn't awful at anything.

Same speed?

1 person likes this

Posted

He looked OK yesterday. In all honesty he reminded me mostly of Armanti Edwards.

Hopefully it was first day butterflies.

I was impressed with his highlight reel.   Seemed to make some pretty tough catches. 

Can't hurt to hope.

Posted

Giants Nearly Waived WR Victor Cruz In 2010

the undrafted free agent from UMBUTT nearly found himself bounced off the Giants' roster at the end of his first training camp, Mike Garafolo of The Star-Ledger reports.

Giants GM Jerry Reese:

"People call it lucky. I say we got blessed with the situation. I'd rather frame it that way," Giants general manager Jerry Reese said of Cruz. "I'm happy for the kid. He's a local, afterthought free agent and now he's got a podium out there. "That's beautiful, man. You can't make that up."

Cruz was headed towards the waiver wire before Cruz's three touchdowns in the preseason finale against the New York Jets. The Giants reversed course and kept him on the 53-man roster.

Posted

Giants Nearly Waived WR Victor Cruz In 2010

the undrafted free agent from UMBUTT nearly found himself bounced off the Giants' roster at the end of his first training camp, Mike Garafolo of The Star-Ledger reports.

Giants GM Jerry Reese:

"People call it lucky. I say we got blessed with the situation. I'd rather frame it that way," Giants general manager Jerry Reese said of Cruz. "I'm happy for the kid. He's a local, afterthought free agent and now he's got a podium out there. "That's beautiful, man. You can't make that up."

Cruz was headed towards the waiver wire before Cruz's three touchdowns in the preseason finale against the New York Jets. The Giants reversed course and kept him on the 53-man roster.

We definitely could use his speed.  With KB drawing a lot of attention with his size.  A burner may see one on one coverage.  We have some great talent and hands with Avant and Cotchery but not much speed.   He could be that UDFA that shines this year.

He's my UDFA pick for making the team.   

1 person likes this

Posted

So what you're saying is even if he sucks he's going to be on the roster for a minimum of three years.