• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stirs

Manziel Not Impressing

I think it's human nature to attack when you or someone you care about is slighted. Get a group mentality that shares a common hero and common perceived villain, and it's a foregone result.

I'm sure every fan message board in sports shares this exact same experience in some way.

It's gone past the point of just protecting Newton to proving that panther fans are actually just as dumb or dumber than the media that they despise. That may be in your nature but it's not in mine.

This is the kind of crap that has been going on in Cleveland for years... as a transplanted Buckeye I have first-hand experience and have had front row seats to the circus we all know as the Browns. I'm actually hoping Manziel can live up to the hype and scoop Cleveland out of the sewer they have been dwelling in.

I do think Hoyer's better right now, but I think this was just said to fuel Manziel's competitiveness. It's better than just letting Manziel be the starter.

Not a fan, but to be fair most QBs struggle in the beginning.

Way too early to say anything much.

same here.

and it is the browns....of course how high could the bar be set?

It's gone past the point of just protecting Newton to proving that panther fans are actually just as dumb or dumber than the media that they despise. That may be in your nature but it's not in mine.

Dude worry about Russell Wilson.

Cam was third string his first OTA

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

It's too early to struggle. Right now he should be wowing people because nothing is being thrown at him. He's playing in shorts.

Cam struggled early too.

Most of them do because a lot gets thrown at them in a short time. Coaches call it the 'fire hose' treatment.

It's normal.

The GM and Head Coach didn't pick Manziel. They had Bridgewater's name on the card and Haslam(the Owner) erased it and put Manziel's name at the last minute. Manziel text the OC and begged to be picked as he was falling during the draft. The OC passed the message to the owner and he made the call at the last minute.

I think you've seen too many movies.

But Cam showed flash with his rocket arm and 4.59 speed. Struggle is fine but when a 1st rounder(who was traded for) struggle and don't show some kind of flash then it's a problem.

Wrong again.

At some point I'm hoping you'll learn that things don't come true just because you want them to be true.

That was all over NFL.com and on sports radio, dude.

As I recall it was directly refuted by everyone at the Browns.

That was all over NFL.com and on sports radio, dude.

The actual story is reprinted in a post earlier in this thread.

You got it wrong.

Anybody else get this vibe? Why does he look like a throwback to a 1950's QB. Picture him in a black and white photo on a Topps trading card from that era. Anyone?

It takes just a couple of shots and dribble to determine that the dude in the full laker jersey is a scrub and not to pick him in a pick up basketball game. Professionals who plays the sport know a scrub when they see them. That first impression.

I literally lol'd, okay, whose alt account is this?