Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

ESPN draft grade (Insiders) for the Panthers.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 03:52 AM

If KB lives up to his potential then this was a great draft.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

This is pretty much the case for all picks.  Wonder how many times GM's look back on the season and say "Gee, things would have turned out so much better if only our ESPN draft grade had been a B+ instead of a C"?

Draft grades are based on what a team does in terms of addressing needs and seems to negate reaching and does not really reward value picks.  To me they are kind of like horoscopes.  A lot of people read them, some for fun but a handful including their authors, take them seriously.

#17 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,058 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 May 2014 - 05:35 AM

Polian is about to dislocated his shoulder patting himself on the back because of his own drafting genius on defense...but the D is what always held the Colts back.
Polian is so overrated it's criminal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#18 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 06:14 AM

The bottom line is that all these idiots are speculating. Only the actual general managers have all of the information. Polian is an outsider looking in on the process. His opinion is irrelevant and uninformed.

#19 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

Mr Mojo Risin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:39 AM

Idc what anyone says gettleman is the man and im pretty fuging glad he's our gm

#20 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

first I heard about character issues with Kony.  Every report I've read say he is a 

high character guy.

#21 MV%doe

MV%doe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:57 AM

polian, o boy this guy........... he proved that so long you have a franchise QB, it covers up lots of huge mistakes. 

two things bill did GREAT

#1- find a franchise QB

#2- hit on 1st rounders

#3-#8,947,895- royal fcuk shitt up

for a good laugh go back and checkout polians' history drafting in 3rd round(or any rounds not 1st). if you think marty hernia failed, polain was worst. just sad what having a QB will buy you nearly anything. seeing as bill didnt hit on a QB here, his results speak for themselves. i guess i could give some credit for his hiring of great quality personnel, but im going with him being lucky there.

Edited by MV%doe, 24 May 2014 - 08:00 AM.

#22 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,520 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:20 AM

what's his deal with Cam?

You got me? I think he's one that said Cam shouldn't be a top pick and just refuses to admit he was wrong. He still says both RG3 and Tannehill are better than Cam. Just pathetic.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#23 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,530 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:33 AM

I get the "character concerns" bit for kb for the media. Yes it's vastly overblown because of the skipped workout (which I think is false) and the lack of motivation his sophomore year. It's bs but I can see why a media outlet would write that.

For ealy? I have no clue.

#24 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

The less we listen to Bill Polian (unless it's just for entertainments sake, or you can't help yourself) the better!!

#25 FootballMaestro

FootballMaestro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 08:40 AM

PS: I don't understand how Dave Gettleman remains friends with this guy, unless he just tolerates him at this point (Bill Polian).

It's almost like the guy takes no time or effort to research or know the Panthers before he comments on them. And when he does, it's almost always a negative, especially when it deals with a Panther player or draft pick.  

This has been going on three years running, at least since Cam was drafted. 

Edited by FootballMaestro, 24 May 2014 - 08:43 AM.

#26 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 685 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

first I heard about character issues with Kony.  Every report I've read say he is a 

high character guy.

There were rumors of Ealy being a "con-man" whatever that means.

http://thebiglead.co...says-nfl-scout/

Of course... they said the same thing about Cam.

#27 OKPanther

OKPanther

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

I can't wait for a Sunday when this all begins to matter.

#28 Coug Girl

Coug Girl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

All these grades are merely opinion pieces. And of course Tampa got a great grade, they picked so early they were bound to get a solid starter with little to no cons. In my opinion it's more difficult to draft in the position we and other playoff teams were in. I mean it's pretty easy to get great players when you're picking where the Bucs picked.

#29 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,762 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:05 AM

There were rumors of Ealy being a "con-man" whatever that means.

http://thebiglead.co...says-nfl-scout/

Of course... they said the same thing about Cam.

Notice that it's an anonymous source. That usually reeks of personal dislike or hate towards a player. Remember the Cam Newton Pro Bowl article filled with anonymous quotes about Newton's behavior? I'm glad that many teams passed up on Ealy.

As for Benjamin, yeah there were a few concerns about his work ethic and maturity but upon further review Kelvin didn't have ANY of these problems during his 2013 campaign. After all, this is the guy that chewed out his former QB for stealing crablegs. As long as he puts in the work this off-season, he'll have a decent rookie year.

#30 Carolina_Crazy

Carolina_Crazy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:53 AM

How would Hardy miss the first half of the season? He won't even get suspended it was his first time getting in trouble with the law in the nfl right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com