#31 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,421 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:53 PM

Unless Norman had an epiphany this off-season, I too am ready to cut bait.  Rooted hard for the kid but each position is starting to get a little crowded as Gettleman brings in competition.

At least we afforded him the opportunity to get his teeth fixed.

#32 Mage

Mage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:56 PM

Harper is still a solid player if used correctly.  Very useful in the redzone against tight ends and of course is solid in the box.  I expect somewhat of a rotation at the safety position this year. 

#33 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:02 PM

CB-White
CB-Cason
Nickel-Godfrey
FS-Decoud
SS-Harper
That'll probably be our opening day secondary IMO

#34 Jimbo

Jimbo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationBlue Bayou

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:08 PM

I'm really hoping Harper doesn't make the team, honestly.  I'm still having a hard time accepting the fact that he's on our roster.  Unfortunately I think it's probably going to be Harper and DeCoud by default at S.  Boston will be the top backup.  Jones's spot is probably safe because he's so excellent on special teams.  Lester is probably the odd man out. 

Corner back is anybody's guess outside of Cason manning LCB.  Melvin White could either end up starting or getting cut.  Godfrey is probably safe due to position flexibility.  Benwikere is probably safe since we traded up to draft him. 

If I had to spitball it right now I'd say:

Starters:

FS- DeCoud 

SS - Harper

LCB - Cason

RCB - Godfrey (switch inside to nickel)

Backups:

FS- Colin Jones

SS - Tre Boston

Nickle outside - Benwikere

CB - Benwikere, Melvin White, Josh Thomas?, Josh Norman?, Dockery

I don't expect both Joshes to make the team.  They'll essentially be competing for the final spot.  Dockery is probably in good shape because of special teams.

#35 ThunderTank

ThunderTank

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:30 PM

Am I the only one that wants to see more of Josh Norman. I really think that this kid can ball if he plays within the system and knows his assignments?

That's a big ass if, homie. If you're content to use 3 ints in a FUGGING practice as your calling card, I don't think you have what it takes to succeed in the NFL. Either that, or he needs to sit at the end of a conveyor belt with humble pies falling into his mouth over and over and over again

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#36 ThunderTank

ThunderTank

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:31 PM

Lester is a solid backup. He's not going to get cut over Colin Jones

#37 Jimbo

Jimbo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationBlue Bayou

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:39 PM

Jones is a solid backup and is much better on special teams.  Lester could absolutely get cut.  

#38 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,281 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

That's a big ass if, homie. If you're content to use 3 ints in a FUGGING practice as your calling card, I don't think you have what it takes to succeed in the NFL. Either that, or he needs to sit at the end of a conveyor belt with humble pies falling into his mouth over and over and over again

Yeah it is a big if, but one I think that he can overcome. I like this kid and would like to see him on the field a bit more before writing him off...

#39 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:16 AM

Everyone sleeping on Dockery & shouldn't be. Probably the best tackling Corner we have & did pretty well in coverage. Still has a lot to learn & the injury definitely is a set back, but could easily see him earning a spot.

#40 tukafan21

tukafan21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:38 AM

I'm just hoping that Cason balls out and then signs a long term deal with us.

He was already one of my all time favorite players, so him coming to the Panthers was big for me, just hoping he's here for years to come

#41 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:11 AM

Jones is a solid backup and is much better on special teams.  Lester could absolutely get cut.  

Nothing says we can't have 5 safeties on the roster. Given Jones' spot on special teams (and that he might be the best equipped to chase Brandin Cooks down twice a year), I think we'll roll with Harper, DeCoud, Lester, Boston, and Jones. 

#42 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:17 AM

My starting DBs are..

White, Tre Boston, Lester, Cason.

Edited by Toundra, 27 May 2014 - 06:17 AM.

#43 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,705 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:22 AM

Unless he absolutely falls flat and regresses during camp, Lester isn't getting cut.

#44 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:04 AM

I can't wait to see them guys!!!! That's who I want to see the most of. Our defense is going to be much more nastier than last year. Huge UPGRADE!!!!

Harper and Decoud are upgrades over Mitchell and Mikell IMO. Seriously. Two pro bowlers. Harper is old and slow but the man brings vet leadership and nastiness. A much better SS than Mikell. I expect 4 sacks from the man this season. Decoud's coverage is beyond Mitchell. A ball hawker.

Adding Cason pumped me up! Wanted him last year, finally got it now. He's the best legitimate corner we have since Gamble. I think he can bring that production like what Gamble left.

Bene will be the no3 corner by the end of the day. Godfrey won't be able to stay with Bene.

Love Lester, Tre, and White!!!

Hate the the Joshes: Norman and Thomas. Both need to be cut instantly!!!

Don't like Dockery.

I believe we'll add another vet after cuts: Terrell Thomas or Samuels.

Edited by carolina-chuck, 27 May 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#45 Jimbo

Jimbo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationBlue Bayou

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:27 AM

Nothing says we can't have 5 safeties on the roster. Given Jones' spot on special teams (and that he might be the best equipped to chase Brandin Cooks down twice a year), I think we'll roll with Harper, DeCoud, Lester, Boston, and Jones. 

It's possible, but I'm thinking Godfrey's position flexibility might prohibit it.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com