52 replies to this topic

#31 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,699 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Like hearing this as well. People keep thinking Chandler was a strict DL to OL convert but he played OT his freshman year. He's a jack of many trades it seems and I remain on his wagon as well.

#32 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,298 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:33 PM

I think Amini has the build to play RT. I just dont know enough to say whether he's capable of doing it or not.

guards are easier to find lying around than T's

Edited by Razeyfingers, 27 May 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#33 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:58 PM

Why? If we offered him a contract I believe he would sign with us almost immediately . Gettleman wants to see who he has in the young guys. He declined offers from teams elsewhere not here. He seems loyal to the Panthers and the Panthers only so he is a reliable emergency guard/ tackle we can sign if we need him. He isn't looking to sign with a team out west.

Sent from my SM-N900V using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

old vets, esp. ones that really don't have to worry about losing their roster spot (like wharton) don't have to sign their contracts in a "timely" matter. many times they'll wait until the last moment so they can get as much rest as possible. why? because they can.....and because as soon as they sign that contract they have to start showing up to practices. they know what's going on and they can pick up things really quickly. there's just no real need for them to be there.

if we offered him a contract, which i'm sure we have, i would be surprised if he signed it much before training camp and i wouldn't be surprised if he waited until training camp started. he's getting old and thinking about retirement. his buddies are no longer with the team so it's all changed. if he loses his roster spot, i doubt he's worried or upset because that just helps him make the decision to retire easier and if he wants to play, then he won't have much of a problem finding a job...tho i doubt he would want to do that when he can just hang out with gross and enjoy retirement with their families.

#34 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:04 PM

Its great hearing Wharton talk up Chandler. It's also great seeing so many people trust Wharton's opinion and now are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and instantly hoping on the Nate Chandler bandwagon.

Then there is Byron Bell...90% of the people around here don't want to even try placing him at Left Tackle, even with Jordan Gross's endorsement.

Maybe Jordan just needs to have a weekly "Byron Bell will do great at LT" video just to calm the nerves of everyone. Or we can just trust DG knows what the hell is up.

#35 My Goodness My Guinness

My Goodness My Guinness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Carolina

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Garry Williams vs Bell vs Wharton at RT, who do you have money on?

#36 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

I'm sure we've talked numbers with him at the very least, if not an actual offer.

Seems pretty clear that Wharton is trying to get the best offer he feels possible, and I can't blame him for that.

i think the offer just has to be big enough for him to delay retirement... as in an offer too good to refuse, and even then i don't think there's any real rush for him to sign.

his roster spot is there if he wants it regardless if he signs now or in august.

#37 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,315 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:04 PM

Wharton sucked at Lt when he played there a few years back. But was pretty decent at RT.

He'd be better than any other option we currently have.

#38 MtnJax

MtnJax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Chandler for LT and Williams for RT. Gary Williams was the starter at RT last year until he got hurt

#39 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,415 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

Gary Williams RT.

That's what I think

#40 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,859 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

Wharton is a better guard than tackle, but it's conceivable he might be a better choice at right tackle than Bell.

#41 Carolina Crazy V2

Carolina Crazy V2

!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

From left to right, the eventual starting lineup should be (as long as Chandler is the real deal):

Chandler-Amini-Kalil-Turner-Gary Williams

#42 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

I think the one thing everyone missing is our oline will line up in practice against the arguably best dline in the nfl.

Good against our dline = great against other teams.

They will get better if only through competition.

#43 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • 2,321 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:06 PM

I like chandler a lot if he is ready to start that's even better but I am really disappointed in the lack of fuging depth.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

#44 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 12,719 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:10 PM

I like chandler a lot if he is ready to start that's even better but I am really disappointed in the lack of fuging depth.

Sent from my iPad using CarolinaHuddle

That lack of depth is likely to change quickly once cuts begin around the NFL.

#45 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,333 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:13 PM

What do we expect him to say on the Panthers Propaganda show?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.