Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Summer Transfer Window: Rumors, Completed Deals, Pipedreams!

1,235 posts in this topic

Posted

So did we or did we not accept terms with Sevilla for Alberto Moreno for 17.9m? I really like this with the signing of Emre Can. Gonna have some versatility back there. I like Lallana but 25m is too much already and I'd like Xherdan Shaqiri over him anyways.

Word is we have agreed to the fee, but how that fee should be paid still remains up in the air. Sevilla want it all up front, LFC want to spread it over two fiscal years. I would imagine the deal will get done, as Moreno wants to come here.

Posted

Multiple websites reporting that Arsenal negotiating with Madrid over Iker Cassilas. 

Inevitable. Iker wasn't going to spend another year as a part time starter. Hope this means RM is ready to seriously pursue Courtois or even ter Stegan, but I doubt it. More likely we just let Diego be the #1 for a year....

Posted

Also the word out of Spain is RM will sell Morata if (and only if) RM has a buy back option after 2-3 years for the same price they sell him for. Not looking like Morata will be departing. Especially after Morata himself said on twitter he was all in for Real Madrid and looked forward to being there for many years to come.

Posted

Inevitable. Iker wasn't going to spend another year as a part time starter. Hope this means RM is ready to seriously pursue Courtois or even ter Stegan, but I doubt it. More likely we just let Diego be the #1 for a year....

Well, ter Stegen is headed to Barca. I think Mourinho has told Courtois that he wants to retain him.

Posted

Well, ter Stegen is headed to Barca. I think Mourinho has told Courtois that he wants to retain him.

Ah damnit that's right! I would think so too regarding Courtois, but to the same point will Cech or Courtois accept being part time starters? 

Time to go back to the drawing board and look at some other young European keepers. 

Begovic comes to mind of course. 

Posted

Ah damnit that's right! I would think so too regarding Courtois, but to the same point will Cech or Courtois accept being part time starters

Time to go back to the drawing board and look at some other young European keepers. 

I doubt they will accept it. It might be the right time to move Cech. His value is still high, but you could have a younger Courtois for more than a decade.

Posted

Begovic comes to mind of course. 

Asmir Begovic was on Liverpool's radar before we decided on Mignolet. Begovic is a solid keeper for sure.

Posted

Asmir Begovic was on Liverpool's radar before we decided on Mignolet. Begovic is a solid keeper for sure.

Yea, he or Butland would probably be the guys I would look at if they can't get Courtois. My distant third would be de Gea. 

Posted

I want Arsenal to get Hugo Lloris not Iker.

Posted

I want Arsenal to get Hugo Lloris not Iker.

I love Iker but I'm sort of happy he's leaving Real. Casillas is possibly a few years away from retirement. However, he provides great leadership qualities in the locker room.

If we could land Courtois AND Vidal/Pogba this summer, I'll be extremely comfortable going into the 14-15 season. I'm still holding out that we move Marcelo and replace him R. Rodriguez (develop him behind Coentrao).

Posted

I love Iker but I'm sort of happy he's leaving Real. Casillas is possibly a few years away from retirement. However, he provides great leadership qualities in the locker room.

If we could land Courtois AND Vidal/Pogba this summer, I'll be extremely comfortable going into the 14-15 season. I'm still holding out that we move Marcelo and replace him R. Rodriguez (develop him behind Coentrao).

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh. A RM fan saying a few more of the best players in the world and I'd be comfortable...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

I'm sorry, but this made me laugh. A RM fan saying a few more of the best players in the world and I'd be comfortable...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

There's a ton to fear this summer. There's rumors about Di Maria, Varane, and Benzema being targeted. Then there's Xabi's health and age to look at. Normally, it wouldn't be an issue but we're looking to sign Suarez and Vidal or Pogba this summer. As a result, there will be casualties.