Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Liverpool vs. AC Milan: Saturday, August 2nd at 6:30pm at Bank of America Stadium

111 posts in this topic

Posted

So now it's 70k? At least you bragged properly, lol. I'm not sure why they had it in Yankee Stadium and not the Meadowlands. Easier to get to I'd guess. And please, players cherish coming here (some for the first time). I bet they didn't even know where Charlotte was. What'd they do? Hang out in Uptown? Go to Buffalo Wild Wings? SCORE.

I lived in Charlotte for 18 years. I know how clean it is. I hated the weather. And it's very, very plain. 

Yea, its 70k.  I rounded it.  You wanna know why they had it in Yankee stadium?  Because look at the data I posted.  Most major cities failed to sold out their games. You do realize that these players spend about 2-3 days in each city on this tournament.  Most of their time spent on practicing and interviews, signing poo for fans... They don't have a time to properly visit anything.  The only places they visit are restaurants and maybe bars... Charlotte downtown has plenty of both.  If anything, most players hate NYC because of all media attention.  Arsenal manager called US visit a very bad distraction.   

Posted

Do I seriously need to fuging explain the point of this post to you? Don't be dense.

I'm sure there is a reason why BOA said no to autographs and other places said yes.

Yea, its 70k.  I rounded it.  You wanna know why they had it in Yankee stadium?  Because look at the data I posted.  Most major cities failed to sold out their games. You do realize that these players spend about 2-3 days in each city on this tournament.  Most of their time spent on practicing and interviews, signing poo for fans... They don't have a time to properly visit anything.  The only places they visit are restaurants and maybe bars... Charlotte downtown has plenty of both.  If anything, most players hate NYC because of all media attention.  Arsenal manager called US visit a very bad distraction.   

Let's not argue about the quality of restaurants/hotels/skyline you'll lose. But hey, we're both better than Michigan Stadium in one way. I think the Man U coach said the field was horrible. They put in a grasslike turf over the regular Wolverines turf. He said it was terribly slow.

And pretty sure they picked Yankee Stadium due to the novelty ... even though it's nothing like the original. It was sold out.

Posted

Enjoy having to work like a mad man just to keep pace in NYC with the cost of living and taxes.

I'll take sweet tea and southern ladies and the Carolina coasts any day of the week.

Keep telling everybody up there it's really bad and backwards down here. Makes driving to the coast that much easier.

1 person likes this