Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What we get for...

184 posts in this topic

Posted

#BringBackOurMullahs

The fabulous mullah?

Sent from my XT1080 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Posted

This story will be spun in a dozen directions in the coming months

Calling this guy a POW is the 1st great piece of spin. 

Posted

You can bet that the administration will milk this at every opportunity.  Anything to get the VA stuff off the front page news.

Bet this guy gets quite a homecoming soon to make everyone feel good.  Unless of course, we find out that he is truly a deserter, then there will be another set of questions for Obama to answer, or evade.

Posted

I'm honestly not sure what to make of this.  

Seems like the admin went out of their way... like WAY out of their way to get this guy released, but I don't know why.

I feel bad for his family, but it stands to reason that this is exactly why you don't negotiate with people who capture our soldiers/citizens.   Gives them just that more reason to do it again...

Need more info.

Posted

Squirrel!

Posted

Is there any actual proof at this point that he was a deserter?

Not surprising that the usual people who hate Obama are spewing the usual rhetoric, but throwing this guy under the bus to do so is pitiful.

Posted

Even if he did, I'll wait to hear all the circumstances in detail before all but labeling the man a traitor like some are doing.

Posted

homeland.jpg

Posted

Is there any actual proof at this point that he was a deserter?

Not surprising that the usual people who hate Obama are spewing the usual rhetoric, but throwing this guy under the bus to do so is pitiful.

Apparently they're looking into it and they should.

My thoughts on it after watching some news coverage of this at lunch...

#1) His status as a deserter (or not) shouldn't have had any impact on the Army trying to find and recover him, and it appears that it didn't.

#2) His status as a deserter (or not) shouldn't have any bearing on this deal that was made to get him free.

#3) It absolutely should be investigated as to whether he was captured or deserted and was then captured.  By all accounts I've seen, all of his platoon mates consider him a deserter, and they read some excerpts from emails to his parents that suggest he was disallusioned with the war and with the Army.  He said thins such as "ashamed to be american" etc.

#4) As to the 'deal' the administration made... obviously more needs to come out about this and they are insisting that they did not "negotiate with terrorists" but regardless of their stance, it sure looks to me like they did in fact "negotiate with terrorists" and whether that's the case in truth or not, they need to clear it up fast because if that's what the terrorist think, then look for more kidnap attempts.

Posted

Having been an Army Brat, I never met a soldier that would've agreed to this exchange. Even if they were the 1 being exchanged in the agreement. Though, this story has been brought to light for obvious reasons, his rep as a deserter is old news. Point being, even if he was not a deserter( which I will choose to take the opinions of those who served with him), it is not worth the exchange. I don't care who the c.i.c is, this is a dumb deal.