183 replies to this topic

#145 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:22 PM

You're an idiot.

It's quite obvious that you're so blinded by Obama that whatever he does unlawfully can be accepted as long as it pisses off conservatives.  The decision to get him out isn't the issue.  It's the process.  It's the deal. 

So if Obama would've made a deal to release everyone out of Gitmo and every other facility in the entire United States...is that completely justified because we got our POW back?

Again I say....you're an idiot. 

Edited by g5jamz, 05 June 2014 - 03:22 PM.

#146 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

You're an idiot.

It's quite obvious that you're so blinded by Obama that whatever he does unlawfully can be accepted as long as it pisses off conservatives.  The decision to get him out isn't the issue.  It's the process.  It's the deal. 

So if Obama would've made a deal to release everyone out of Gitmo and every other facility in the entire United States...is that completely justified because we got our POW back?

Israel recently released 1,000 prisoners to get one soldier back.

These exchanges are always one sided.  In truth, it was a pretty good deal.  This was a premeditated attack by the right wing over a deal they have known was a possibility for at least 2 years.

Edited by teeray, 05 June 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#147 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

G5 knows nothing of the actual world.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#148 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

I am surprised that some of you don't have more anger toward a party that used the possible release of this same POW as leverage in a policy debate two years ago, threatening the White House that it would do exactly what it is doing if they brought the POW back unless they met their policy demands.

That is way more sickening than actually bringing home a POW even if his reasons for leaving base are still unclear

Edited by teeray, 05 June 2014 - 04:17 PM.

#149 332nd

332nd

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

You're an idiot.

It's quite obvious that you're so blinded by Obama that whatever he does unlawfully can be accepted as long as it pisses off conservatives. The decision to get him out isn't the issue. It's the process. It's the deal.

So what should we traded for him?

#150 google larry davis

google larry davis

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:49 AM

Can we trade him back?

#151 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• Locationnorth carolina
HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

If capitol hill wants to play politics in this issue? They do not have my support. I do believe it is shameful. But by no way unexpected. The problem is when our citizenship looks past the real issue and plays along with them. We have abandoned the policy of " do not negotiate with terrorist", whether you like Obama or not. That is what happened. which will become more clear as more americans are taken captive around the world in the near future. Also, Obama did violate a law he signed into action. That is clear. Which he should be held accountable for. What that intails? I am not sure cause I'm not a federal attorney.  But we have also put the entire world in danger by releasing these men back into the folds of world wide armed conflicts. It is a freedom fighters paradise out there right now. Syria, Tunisia, Iraq, Afghanistan, and even the eastern side of Egypt is still unresolved. And these 5 men have demonstrated their ability to massacre innocence far beyond the borders of the nations they reside in. So yes, there are some misteps here politically, and of course pols are gonna play politics. But we as American citizens should own that if the rest of the world already held discontent for us? Then what standing does this maneuver leave us in within the global community? And while  the soldiers who are making aware this mans desertion are being discredited, the people who are doing it to them are playing politics as well. these guys didn't walk off the bf. bergdhal did. If these men have anything to be held accountable for? they will. And Bergdhal should too. the only reason I really want Obama out of office is so people will stop acting like the world revolves around him.

#152 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

Reagan negotiated with Iranian terrorists to get weapons in the hands of other terrorists. I'd bet all other Presidents have done similar things.

Yet it's only a problem now.

I don't think your issue is people thinking Obama is the greatest, I think it's the same old sour grapes.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

#153 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:07 AM

So what should we traded for him?

1 for 1, let Congress know, be lawful and not have this stupid storm to deal with as much.  There will always be issues whether or not Bergdahl was a deserter or not, but honestly that's way down on the list of how deaf this administration was to how this situation would play out. 

#154 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:03 AM

Nails it as well...

http://www.nationalr...-jonah-goldberg

VA squirrel

#155 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

SUPPORTER

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:25 AM

Speaking at a press conference in Brussels, Obama said that his administration acted on a bedrock principle that the United States does not leave soldiers behind on the battlefield. On several occasions, he was defiant while explaining why he needed to bring Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl home to the U.S. after five years in captivity.

"I think it was important for people to understand that this is not some abstraction, this is not some political football," Obama said. "You have a couple of parents whose kid volunteered to fight in a distant land, who they hadn't seen in five years, and weren't sure whether they'd ever see again. And as commander in chief of the United States armed forces, I am responsible for those kids.

"I write too many letters to folks who unfortunately don't see their children again after fighting a war," he said. "I make absolutely no apologies for making sure that we get back a young man to his parents, and that the American people understand that this is somebody's child, and that we don’t condition whether or not we make the effort to try and get them back."

Man that Obama sure hates our military, what an asshole.

#156 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

HUDDLER

Posted 06 June 2014 - 10:32 AM

If you read my link...you'd understand that Obama's still fighting someone that doesn't exist. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users