#196 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,308 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:04 PM

What you believe the constitution says or allows and what I believe it says or allows can be two different things.  Many parts of the constitution are vague and open to interpretation and in fact I believe that is the way the authors intended it to be.  That is why we have a Supreme Court to decide these things, and most people who say that the Constitution is being ignored tend to ignore or be unaware of the long list of decisions that the SC has handed down. 

And the Supreme Court now has a political bias as well, which again does nothing to provide for an objective interpretation of the Constitution. And lately, the SC has shown themselves to be so completely our of touch with reality, their decisions have been head-scratching... case in point, the SC gutting the Voting Rights Act and essentially claiming racism is a non-factor in this country.

#197 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,251 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:19 PM

And the Supreme Court now has a political bias as well, which again does nothing to provide for an objective interpretation of the Constitution. And lately, the SC has shown themselves to be so completely our of touch with reality, their decisions have been head-scratching... case in point, the SC gutting the Voting Rights Act and essentially claiming racism is a non-factor in this country.

While you are correct, your own words above indicated why.  Any time there is interpretation, a person's biases/views/beliefs are always going to factor into how they see/interpret something......as it is not usually a clear cut issue that needs interpreting.

#198 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,308 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:41 AM

While you are correct, your own words above indicated why.  Any time there is interpretation, a person's biases/views/beliefs are always going to factor into how they see/interpret something......as it is not usually a clear cut issue that needs interpreting.

Yes, but as the Supreme Court is just that- a court- and is to function as a legal entity entrusted with the legal interpretation of cases they decide to hear, I fear too many SC decisions are political interpretations and not necessarily legal.

#199 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,390 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

And the Supreme Court now has a political bias as well, which again does nothing to provide for an objective interpretation of the Constitution.

When has the court not had a political bias?  They are human, therefore they are going to have some kind of bias. We don't have a perfect system by any means and never will. 

But remember, they aren't really deciding what is right or wrong, but what is constitutional or legal.  Sometimes, the two don't necessarily match. 

Edited by Davidson Deac II, 22 June 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#200 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,037 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

Bush didn't get impeached for torturing them, would be a sad statement on the US if Obama got impeached for releasing them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

So Bush personally went down there and tortured the prisoners? Wow, didn't know that. Now that Obama has released them, if they go and kill Americans and who's fault will that be? One has already said he is going back to the war front. Obama will be responsible. Plain and simple.

#201 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,037 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:28 PM

Obama, worst President we have had in a long time, makes Bush look like a hero. All the scandals, all the lies, surprised he is not impeached yet. Forward! and Hope and Change!, yea ok, Lol!!!!

#202 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

So Bush personally went down there and tortured the prisoners? Wow, didn't know that. Now that Obama has released them, if they go and kill Americans and who's fault will that be? One has already said he is going back to the war front. Obama will be responsible. Plain and simple.

Well, according to the reasoning in your first sentence, that would be... the guys who took them out of their cells?  Or maybe the pilots who flew them out of Cuba?

IDK, your logical progression is atrocious

#203 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts
  • LocationNot Telling... CatofWar might find me.

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:47 AM

Obama, worst President we have had in a long time, makes Bush look like a hero. All the scandals, all the lies, surprised he is not impeached yet. Forward! and Hope and Change!, yea ok, Lol!!!!

Aww, you poor, poor thing. I'd take the time to give thoughtful response to this, but if you are actually defending the Bush presidency by any measure (even going so far as to suggest the Bush presidency had fewer "scandals and lies") then it just belies your myopic political perspective. So you're opinion is really nothing more than "cute," and therefore doesn't merit a rebuttal.

Edited by Captroop, 24 June 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#204 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,730 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:50 AM

Aww, you poor, poor thing. I'd take the time to give thoughtful response to this, but if you are actually defending the Bush presidency by any measure (even going so far as to suggest the Bush presidency had fewer "scandals and lies") then it just belies your myopic political perspective. So you're opinion is really nothing more than "cute," and therefore doesn't merit a rebuttal.

demotivational-posters-change.jpeg

#205 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

That's actually a pretty fair photoshop. Better than the one from Kanye and Kim's wedding that shows them standing on an altar instead of the pile of dead babies.

#206 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 7,974 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

Awfully close.

Both of these men were terrible Presidents.

#207 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,619 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:14 PM

So why no viable third party had emerged?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#208 Captroop

Captroop

Pronounced, "Cat Poop"

• HUDDLER
  • 4,638 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:17 PM

So why no viable third party had emerged?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Because they don't have the hundreds of millions of dollars needed to fritter away on attack ads and otherwise finance an election campaign?

Edited by Captroop, 27 June 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#209 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,060 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 June 2014 - 12:24 PM

Awfully close.

Both of these men were terrible Presidents.

Only one of them started two lengthy wars in the middle east. Obama has his flaws, but Bush is in a whole different category all his own.

#210 ecu88

ecu88

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

Why in the hell is John bringing charges now. What a pandering gigantic douchebag! He is just grandstanding just to ensure his position during election season. If I was where his district is, I would vote Democrat in a heartbeat. I hate the Establishment.

*edited

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Edited by ecu88, 27 June 2014 - 05:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.