Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What if we got lucky?

40 posts in this topic

Posted

No one expects Stewart to be healthy and contribute anymore. What if he does stay healthy and we actually have a good run game this year?

A man can dream right?

Posted

Stewart sucks tbh

Posted

It won't matter how healthy he is if our O-Line can't hold their blocks.

Stewart like Tolbert takes time to get going and by the time they get to the hole, it's usually closed.

It's not their fault, it's just a serious problem we have with our O-Line. They can't hold their blocks long enough for our backs to hit the hole.

Having Silatolu back and adding Turner will help but at the end of the day one is coming off of an injury and the other is a rookie. It could take at least til' week five before both of them are caught up physically mentally, and in Turner's case experience also plays a major role.

Not to mention the fact that we have the worst tandem of tackle's in the league.

It's not Stewart's, Tolbert's, or William's fault; it's just the way the cookie crumbles.

2 people like this

Posted

We have had a good run game with or without Stewart.  He is not the linchpin as much as the offensive line actually are the issue..  The fact our backs are so good running after initial contact is because they have had to do that often getting hit in the backfield or at the line of scrimmage.

Posted

2583827-1872988335-anyth.gif

Side note:  Garnett was supposed to say, "Impossible is nothing" in light of Adidas then new, multi-million dollar ad campaign.  Garnett was told what to say and like the dumbass he is, fuged up his one line.  Classic.

8 people like this

Posted

Stewart sucks tbh

Trolling hard or hardly trolling?

2 people like this

Posted

I swear. I hope the Stew that some of y'all eat this year will include slow-roasted crow,  Damnit! Some of you need to be forced-fed with a shovel.

3 people like this

Posted

Trolling hard or hardly trolling?

stats say he is cheeks.

Posted

stats say he is cheeks.

Stats also say that Mitchell is a top-tier safety...

Posted

I wouldnt be opposed to an open competition at the RB position, but the money being doled out makes it unlikely.

Posted

Must have missed some thing, seems like the folks we do have on the OL are road graders, pass blocking is suspect.  If we believe in the old adage

Defense wins Championships and you run to pass then perhaps maybe we might win a few games..  Depends on who you talk to and I can see the plan and I sure hope it works as good as I think it will

1 person likes this

Posted

It won't matter how healthy he is if our O-Line can't hold their blocks.

Stewart like Tolbert takes time to get going and by the time they get to the hole, it's usually closed.

It's not their fault, it's just a serious problem we have with our O-Line. They can't hold their blocks long enough for our backs to hit the hole.

Having Silatolu back and adding Turner will help but at the end of the day one is coming off of an injury and the other is a rookie. It could take at least til' week five before both of them are caught up physically mentally, and in Turner's case experience also plays a major role.

Not to mention the fact that we have the worst tandem of tackle's in the league.

It's not Stewart's, Tolbert's, or William's fault; it's just the way the cookie crumbles.

While I understand the sentiment, but it seems like you have already come to the conclusion that the OTs will have feet stuck in cement. I am not saying they will be all world but the coaches and GM stuck with these guys so it's worth letting them get a fair chance before saying that they can't hold their blocks. Never seen Bell at LT so lets get through a snap or two prior to passing judgement.

1 person likes this