Photo
- - - - -

Steve Smith was going to retire after the 2014 season

Best Answer Pox 08, 08 June 2014 - 03:15 AM

For once,  we get to be on the other side of 89.       We get to cuss him out if he tries to start anything with any of our defenders..  Scream and shout for the refs to do something.

I'm actually a little anxious for it , the more I think about it.

Like when Hulk Hogan started wearing all black and joined n.W.o...and after years of cheering for him to win, I got to cheer for him to lose. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#31 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,160 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:03 PM

If they thought he was bad in the locker room, just wait until he's bad on the field. I'm going to cringe when he baits Roman Harper into 3 personal foul penalties.

#32 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:11 PM

Probably why they said it wasnt about money.

#33 Silent Majority

Silent Majority

Fuggin' Panther Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,686 posts
  • LocationPrinceton, freaking, New Jersey.

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:12 PM

Lol@ the hyper-feminine ass jokers in this fanbase. What, did you all get your menses@ the same time? Smitty is a ring off honor Panther, who brought credibility to this franchise, for 14 years.

#34 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:17 PM

*insert generic derogatory remark about Steve Smith here*

Pretty embarrassing that so many in our fan base take just about every opportunity possible to sh*t on the guy.

He's gone, wish him well, and be done with it. Let it heal.

Edited by TheRed, 05 June 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#35 Billy Love

Billy Love

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Lol@ the hyper-feminine ass jokers in this fanbase. What, did you all get your menses@ the same time? Smitty is a ring off honor Panther, who brought credibility to this franchise, for 14 years.

He also brought his share of embarrassment. Often times in the work place, any work place, poor behavior is the primary reason for dismissal rather than performance.

#36 FearTheCats

FearTheCats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

Both sides probably lacked communication if this is true. Either way it was time to move on and I wish him well except when we play him.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#37 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,890 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:21 PM

*insert generic derogatory remark about Steve Smith here*

Pretty embarrassing that so many in our fan base take just about every opportunity possible to sh*t on the guy.

He's gone, wish him well, and be done with it. Let it heal.

I got nothing but respect for Steve Smith who made this franchise relevant for the past 13 years.

But it's funny how the some people say he's gone, wish him well, move on, but can't objectively say Steve Smith keeps opening his mouth ever opportunity he gets.

Most people here only talk about him at this point in a new Steve Smith thread. New Steve Smith threads are generally started because Steve Smith opened his mouth again.

Steve Smith stops talking, Panthers fans will stop having an opinion on what he has to say.

#38 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

I got nothing but respect for Steve Smith who made this franchise relevant for the past 13 years.

But it's funny how the some people say he's gone, wish him well, move on, but can't objectively say Steve Smith keeps opening his mouth ever opportunity he gets.

Most people here only talk about him at this point in a new Steve Smith thread. New Steve Smith threads are generally started because Steve Smith opened his mouth again.

Steve Smith stops talking, Panthers fans will stop having an opinion on what he has to say.

From what I've seen it's mostly other people stirring it up.

You honestly think the guy is never going to speak about the team that he spent the entirety of his career with?

The last thread we had about him was some dipshit on twitter asking him to tank the Ravens game in favor of the Panthers.

Edited by TheRed, 05 June 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#39 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,337 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

Hatred??? No. Distain---yes. In this article smith is basically saying that the "mean ole' panthers" ruined his plan. Now, they have awakened the angry giant. And he know's where we live...and he's coming to get us. Aren't you scared?????? Answer---- Uh no!!! Well you should be. Get your googles ready...cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere. What SS doesn't realize is the blood and guts may very well be his own. I look forward to the game.

OK, "disdain" is a good word. But I still think that your tone and representation of the interview---and Smith's actions since he was released---are off base.  Smith has never EVER been one to bullshit, so I just don't believe he is throwing up smoke and mirrors now.  As you probably know, the "blood and guts" thing was all in fun.  I look forward to the game as well.  I just hope that we win at the end of the day.

Yea the stunt to make our team better. The nerve of that guy.

Your attempt at sarcasm is a red herring. G-man could have let Smitty know his intentions early on in the process (like in the exit interview as has been stated multiple times before), and still ended up at the same place we are today.  

Unlike some G-man shorts sniffers, I can support him but still be critical when it is warranted.  As the GM, the onus was on him to ultimately handle the situation much more responsibly.  

#40 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

Wouldn't surprise anyone in the NFL world if Smith had the best game of his career against Carolina this year.

#41 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,296 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:39 PM

Thoughts? IMO there needs to have been better communication between Steve and upper management. We lost money cutting him this year to save money in the long run, but if he was going to retire anyway, why cut him?

I think 89's communication was clear.....and his nonsense was too much given his production

#42 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,121 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:40 PM

Wouldn't surprise anyone in the NFL world if Smith had the best game of his career against Carolina this year.

So 220 some aught all purpose yards then

I think that might surprise a few people honestly

#43 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,268 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:41 PM

I'm a little curious why it took him getting cut to start running everyday. If you're not giving 100% at 35 should you be surprised at a pink slip in the NFL?

#44 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

we still did the right thing. move on people. We have a straight up beast now wearing number 13

#45 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:43 PM

Where is this notion about him giving anything less than 100% for this team on gamedays coming from?

Edited by TheRed, 05 June 2014 - 05:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com